Chapter 1 - A WISH

Start from the beginning

Just as she suspected, when she and Lily arrived at the signing, it was packed with tons of fans. The line appeared to go on for ages. It wrapped around each isle in the store and then went outside. 

“Ugh,” she said. “We’ll never get to them at this rate.”

“I’m sure the line will move faster soon,” said Lily optimistically. 

“I hope so. They’re so good-looking and yet so far away. Not the best combination,” Abby sighed.

A while passed and the girls were still in line. It was getting darker outside as the show was starting in a few hours. The excitement was building, as they were soon approaching One Direction. They were still about a hundred and fifty people from the boys, not quite in the store yet and Abby was getting nervous. 

“What do I say to them?” she asked Lily enthusiastically. 

“I don’t know, I can’t even think straight!” Lily laughed.

“You know what though?’ Abby asked. 

“What?” Lily answered. 

“I kind of wish they weren’t as famous as they were.” 

“What! Why?” asked Lily. 

“I don’t know, it would be great to be the only one in the world who knew about them. Then I could have my own private concert,” said Abby thinking. “If they weren’t as popular, there also wouldn’t be as many people in line and we would have probably met them by now,” Abby finished. 

“I guess so,” Lily responded. “However, if they weren’t this famous, whose to say we would know about them?” she questioned. 

“I guess your right,” said Abby. “That does make sense. I just kind of miss when they were our favourite band and the whole world didn’t know about them.” 

“Tell me about it,” said Lily whole-heartedly. 

Just then, Abby unexpectedly felt a change in the wind. She looked up at the sky and could have sworn she saw something fly over top of her—a shooting star maybe? But how could it, when it was still light out? She had a strange feeling, that without warning something had transpired. 

“Did you feel that?” asked Abby hastily. 

“Feel what?” asked Lily; unaware of anything that had happened. 

“That!” Abby shouted. 

She was hyperactive now, something felt different and she just couldn’t put her finger on it. 

“You’re losing it Abby,” joked Lily. “You’re probably just really excited. Look how close we are now!” 

They had entered the store and the nerves were setting in. They were so close to the boys now. One Direction were literally minutes away. Lily was right, Abby had to have been too excited and hyperactive to think clearly. 

She chose to ignore what she felt before and live in the moment. However, she couldn’t help but dodge the feeling that something felt off. Not bad exactly, just off. She shook the feeling again, as she realized she was now standing directly in front of Mr. Harry Styles.

The next thirty seconds were a blur. Abby and Lily were rushed passed the boys as their show was starting in two hours and there was still lodes of fans the boys had yet to meet. 

Abby had gotten to shake Harry and Louis’ hands. Lily, who high-fived Liam and got a smile from Zayn, made Niall blush when she told him how gorgeous his eyes were.