『ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚』

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

‣ Already off to a good start! Wattpad didn't save the pics I put in the banners. 🖐️🙄

SWEARING WARNING ⌫

‣ I'll just put it there incase anyone or wattpad feels weird about them!

◣──•~❉᯽❉~•──◢

'12 hours... THE FLIGHT WAS 12 HOURS!! It felt more like eternity. I'm glad I didn't change my mind halfway through the air, it's over now atleast. '

The loud bustling sounds of J City was drowned out by her earphones still in her ears with no music playing now as she pulled her bag close behind her to not take up too much space in the crowd.

"Did.. Did this many people live here before too?"

She looked around the loud street, trying to make out any familiar places, shops or corners from her childhood memories, maybe one that could help her remember the direction.

'That was a flower shop before wasn't it? Oh it's a bakery now? Alright, this seems familiar now! '

She followed the old route towards her grandfather's old house from memory.
After a 25 minute walk, she has arrived to her destination. Standing in front of the old door, she gulped and hesitated with even getting her spare keys out of her pockets.

"Is it really okay for me to come here after he ...died? "

Her eyes almost got filled with tears, just from the thought of her beloved grandfather dying alone after barricading himself away from his family.

'He must have had his reasons. Maybe something happened that day I was over here. But what if it was something I did?! '

She shook off her worries and played off her teary eyes as a yawn.

She put down her bag and rummaged through her pockets to search for the keys to the house. After all, she took the bonus keys with her before they left, since she always thought she'll be coming back to here any day.

'I hope he didn't change the lock...'

She pushed the key in, taking one deep breath and unlocking the door, opening up her sealed away childhood memory that stayed here in Japan for 4 years now.

"It.. didn't change that much? "

She looked around, noticing a few loose cables, busted and burnt metal plates laying around and oil splatters on the floors.

"I knew he was obsessed with his mechanical engineering but did he forget to clean up too? "

She put her bags down on the couch and looked around the living room.

"If it's this messy here, then what is even happening in his lab?! "

She didn't think much of it as the living area of the house was more important to be cleaned. She pulled out her phone and placed it down, screen facing upwards as a blue hologram appeared.

"Kalista, could you please scan the house for any damage? Tell me about everything you found. "

She crouched to examine the oil splatters closer as she asked the AI appearing on the hologram. Or more like only the wavelength of it's voice.

"Right away, Miss Kuseno! "

A gentle voice of an AI lady replied as she started precessing the date she was collecting a out the house around her.

A few minutes after she has gathered all the scrap metal plates around the living area of the house, Kalista finished the scanning with a loud beep sound to alert her owner.

"I seem to find no damage to the house's structure. It is perfect for living conditions. "

She crossed her arms.

"Anything else I need to know? "

"There seems to be cold air emerging from under an iron door, but a firewall seems to stop me from scanning it further. As if the whole basement's walls, door and every inch is being protected from the eyes of an outsider AI."

She turned around to face the way to the iron door.

"A firewall you say? But it can still be opened manually, right? "

She turned back to face the AI's hologram as it was thinking for a second.

"I cannot seem to be able to determine that. "

She clicked her tongue and swiped the hologram away as she passed it, turning it off for now.

"Guess I gotta do everything on my own... "

She made her way towards the iron door cautiously.

"It must be his lab. Why else would he try to protect it from an outsider AI's interference? "

As she stopped in front of the door and held out a hand to reach the door knob, she stopped in her tracks.

There was no door knob.

"How else am I supposed to open it then?! Come on Tamaki, think! Grandpa must have made a password lock to it, right? "

She examined the walls around the door and noticed a box with numbers attached to the wall right next to the door.

"Bingo! Now I just gotta guess it! "

She leaned in to see if there was any trace of earlier use of the buttons but there would still be hundreds of possibilities for the order of the numbers if she gathered only them.

"It must be someone's birthday! Maybe dad's or mine or even hi- "

She was cut off by the front door opening and closing after.

She quickly slid herself up against the wall, staying out of the sight of the person who has just walked right in with ease.

'WHAT THE FUCK?! WAS HE LIVING WITH SOMEONE ELSE?! IN THIS MESS?! '

"I can sense your presence! Walk out right now and reveal yourself, burglar! "

An almost robotic and stoic voice said from the living room area.

◤──•~❉᯽❉~•──◥

‣ GAJSKSKWJ I'M TIRED-

◣──•~❉᯽❉~•──◢

➟ ℚ𝕦𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤, 𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕖𝕤, 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕤, 𝕔𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕤 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖!⤵