22. Fated Encounter

Start from the beginning

And it was a success. For instance, Joshua is the second mage among the entire population of mages in Elenoir or lets say the entire continent of Dicathen who is able to fly on a broom. 

Just as we were about to head for Elshire Forest when suddenly one of the guards notified that the Palace Teleportation Gate had been activated. The other end of that teleportation gate was in Elshire Forest. This Gate was rarely accessed. It was only open when either Father or Grandfather or some of the noble family heads want to go hunting in the forest. After being given permission they were allowed to go through the Teleportation. 

The chant to activate this Teleportation Gate was only known to the royal guards assigned for protection of the Royal Family, with each of them being on Yellow Core Stages and well-versed in the art of hiding their mana from leaking out. Other than them only us five Eraliths along with Grandma Rinia know the chant to activate the Gate.

'It must be Tessia!'

Mine and grandpa's eyes met before we nodded and sped off at blinding speeds towards the front yard of the palace where the Gate is supposed to be. Few of the Royal Guards had headed there much earlier than us upon hearing that the Gate had been activated. 

Reaching there I saw the guards kneeling down in front of Tessia. Upon closer look, we noticed that she wasn't alone. Holding hands with her was a human boy whom I internally swore that I had seen him somewhere or maybe someone resembling him. I couldn't just pinpoint it at the moment. Upon seeing me and grandpa, the boy let go off Tessia's hands and pushed her forward.

"I am so glad you are fine Tess.." Without even wasting a second, I pulled her into a bone-crushing hug with no intention of letting go at this moment. Upon seeing this even grandpa's expression softened while Tessia had tears forming in her eyes. Kissing her forehead and relieved that she was fit and fine, I let go of the hug. "From now I am keeping a close eye on you and no pudding for a week. This is punishment for worrying us sick for five days."

Forming a pouty face, she headbutted me but it was all worth it. She had finally come back to us and it is all that mattered. 

"Tessia! My baby!" 

Mother's voice was heard from behind us. I turned around to see mother rushing towards us with father following behind. Her cheeks were lined with tears while father had a tensed expression on his face. It was easy to see that he was trying not to let his tears fall.

Giving Tessia a gentle push towards our parents, I turned to face the boy who had been looking at us for the past few minutes with a smile plastered on his face. He seemed glad that Tessia had reunited with her family, that's what I could infer from his facial expressions. If I were to guess this boy and Tessia must have ran into each other in the forest and then he accompanied her back home.

Though there were two things puzzling me as to how a four-year old human boy ended up in the Elshire Forest and secondly why does he seem all-familiar with 'those two' out of the blue. If I connect the dots, what I am thinking right now is definitely the case but it would be better to confirm it with proper proof.

"As the Prince of Elenoir and Tessia's brother I sincerely thank you for escorting Tessia back home and you may forget this unsightly appearance.." I pointed to my parents trying not to completely bawl their eyes out and Tessia having totally bawled her eyes out. "You must be tired from your journey so I suggest you take some rest in the palace. We can talk about what all happened after that."

"I humbly greet the Prince of Elenoir." The boy slightly bowed before continuing. "I would rather like it if you were to listen to what I have to say before resting. It is a humble request."