Chapter seventeen

Start from the beginning

"This could well be the day I make the biggest deal of my ca­reer,"  Un­cle Ver­non announces making Harry's hopeful expression disappear

"Now, let's go over our schedule once again, shall we? Petunia, when the Masons arrive, you will be...?"

"In the lounge, waiting to welcome them graciously to our home," she says promptly

"Good. And, Dudley, you will be...?"

"I'll be waiting to open the door." Dud­ley put on a foul, sim­per­ing smile. "May I take your coats, Mr. and Mrs. Ma­son?"

Primrose snickered, earning a glare from Dudley,

"They'll love him!" Aunt petunia cried out  rap­tur­ous­ly.

Vernon nodded his head, "Excellent." the three of them turn to Harry and primrose with scornful looks, "And you two...?"

"I'll be in my bedroom, making no noise and pretending that I don't exist." The twins say in unison, tone­less­ly.

"That's fucking sad"

"Ex­act­ly," Un­cle Ver­non says nas­ti­ly. "I will lead them in­to the lounge, in­tro­duce you, Petu­nia, and pour them drinks. At eight-​fif­teen —"

"I'll announce dinner,"

"And, Dudley, you'll say—"

"may I take you through to the dining room, Mrs. Mason?" Dudley rehearses, offering his fat arm to an invisible woman.

Aunt petunia sniffs, "My perfect little gentleman!"

Mary let's out a snort, "gentleman"

Vernon turns back to the twins and viciously says, "And you?"

"We'll be in our room, making no noise and pending were not here," They say dully

"Precisely, Now go back to your room, They'll be here, soon," And with that Harry and primrose disappear back into their room.

"Harry? Did you get any mail?" Primrose asks her brother

Harry shakes his head, "No, You?"

Primrose shakes her head and lets out a sigh, "I mean I didn't really expect things from Draco or Blasie, but at least expected a little from theo."

Dudley suddenly appeared in the twin's bedroom, "I know what day it is?" he sang as he waddled towards them,

"A Friday?" Prim snorted sarcastically

"What?" Harry said, confused

"I know what day it is" Dudley repeated, coming right up to him, where he sat on his bed.

"Well done. So you finally learned the days of the week."

The Slytherin trio broke into laughs,

"Todays your guy's birthday," Dudley sneered. "How come you haven't got any card? haven't you even got any friends at that freak place?"

"Better not let your dear mummy hear you talking about our school," primrose said coolly

Dudley hitched up his trousers, which were slipping down his fat bottom. "Why are you staring out the window," Dudley asked Primrose, suspiciously

"I'm just thinking about all the spells I learned at my freak school, I think I want to set that tree on fire,"

Dudley stumbled backward, a look of panic on his face, "You c-can't—Dad told you your not to do m-magic, he said hell chuck you and your freak brother out of the house— and you haven't gotten any friends to take you—"