❥𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙾𝙽𝙴

Start from the beginning

Coincidently, there was never a time they remembered him saying their name.

Rex Lapis took in a deep breath and fought against his erratically beating heart, already knowing what he must do.

His attention focused on the suspended amber, and in an instant, before (Y/N) could stop him, he summoned his spear and launched it.

He had gripped the pole within his fist before he used his geo powers to send it spiraling with a force too fast for them to stop, though they had made an attempt.

The shattering of the glassy amber echoed throughout the domain and Rex Lapis felt his heart once again break into a million pieces along with the amber.

Rex Lapis was forced to witness his lover die a second time that day.

As (Y/N) desperately picked up the shattered pieces of Amber and tried to fit them back together, Rex Lapis took his leave.

——————♡——————

"Rex lapis, do you regret it?"

Standing across from the tall man who had his arms crossed over his chest and eyes gently shut, the Adeptus skybracer was once again accompanying him. Ever since he was gifted the antlers, he has forever been grateful to Morax and had devoted himself solely to protecting him and anything he wished to protect— which in this case was Liyue.

Rex Lapis sighed before shaking he head back and forth, one of his arms moving from its rested position to rub his temple.

"How was I to know they would turn out like this? There were definitely measures I could have done to prevent it, but the contract has already been made and nothing can sever it since Celestia has eyes on it now."

Skybracer bobbed his head up and down, understanding where he was coming from and what his words meant.

"That decision of yours may just be Liyue's downfall you know." Skybracer mentioned, not even wanting to think about what may happen in the future.

"And I will do everything in my power to prevent that from happening."

"How will you go about doing that?"

"I'll confiscate their vision."

Skybracer's beady eyes widened significantly, though his head bounced as he immediately agreed that it was the right choice. Nonetheless, he couldn't help but let his thoughts run rampant as he grimaced at the worst case scenario.

"You may die trying."

Rex Lapis acknowledged his words with a hum, his heart beating with a pang of hurt traveling through it. Maybe if he had spent more time with (Y/N) as they grew up, he could have prevented this.

He didn't think he was doing that bad of a job as a parent. He made sure they were financially stable, had clothes that fit them, and even personally trained them to fight. Either way, relationship aside, it was his responsibility now to take care of them.

Even if he had to kill them, he would. Though knowing their strength paired with their vision, the likelihood of that happening was slim— even he knew that and he was feared for his strength. They were destined to become one of the strongest this world has seen, and that fate wasn't easy to fight against.

"That's why I must ask for you to lend your help."

Without hesitation, Skybracer had agreed to lend his assistance. "Of course."

"I have one more person in mind that may be able to assist."

——————♡——————