❥𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈

Start from the beginning

She's fine.

(Y/N)'s mother was laid in bed with her eyes gently closed, the warm rays of sun atop her blanket as she curled up in bed to sleep.

(Y/N) shook their head to themself, silently scolding for being so worried at every little thing. This wasn't the first time something like that has happened to them, it just hadn't felt that intense since the time after witnessing their babysitter die.

Instead of sulking, they let a relieved smile upturn their lips before backing away from the doorframe, intending to make themself and their mother tea since that was always the first thing she wanted when she woke up. They left the door open so when they carried the tea up they wouldn't have to place it on the floor to re-open the door.

Turning around, the floorboards creaked rhythmically in the same places it always would as they went down the stairs and headed to the kitchen.

They grabbed two teacups from one of the cupboards, curling their finger around the handle as they held them delicately so to not drop or break them. Boiling some water, they gathered everything they needed including the tea leaves and any additives that themself or their mother liked.

After a few minutes, the kitchen smelled strongly of freshly brewed tea. They lifted their cup to their lips before tasting it, humming in satisfaction as the flavors slid along their tongue. They may have not been the best at cooking, but preparing drinks was easy enough.

They grabbed the other teacup before making their way back upstairs to their mother's room.

Entering and seeing she was still sleeping, (Y/N) smiled before walking over to the side table and placing both cups on there before walking around to the other side of the room to open the window since it felt rather dry and humid in the room. The moment the window creaked open, a small breeze filtered in that made no time for them to hesitate with drinking their tea if they wanted it warm.

Noticing their mother was still fast asleep, (Y/N) walked back over to the side with the table that held the teacups before tapping their shoulder— almost guiltily at the prospect of waking her up from a potential vivid and nice dream.

That was until a musky scent hit them and wafted into their nose, overpowering the smell of the tea.

Their nose scrunched up in displeasure wondering if they had a mouse problem or something— though when they looked at the sheets... they saw it had been dyed an off brown color on the top.

And now standing so close to their mother did they just notice.

Their mother always had very long hair, in which they used to get tangled in it often when they were younger. You remember that, don't you?

So why

Why was her hair so short?

It was a choppy bobbed haircut that didn't even reach her shoulders, however they weren't aware about her ever getting a haircut unless it was done after they left this morning. But she hadn't even mentioned cutting it and she adored her long hair.

As a stark contrast to the panic they were feeling earlier, they seemed to go into some type of shock as they were frozen stiff with no emotions overwhelming them and an eerily steady beating heart rate.

(Y/N) pressed their thumb and pointer finger onto the edge of the sheet dyed dark red and brown before peeling it down, slowly and carefully to not hurt their mother as their fingers shook with every inch it moved.

And just as they had refused to acknowledge but knew what everything meant deep down, they saw that their mother's head wasn't attached to her shoulders. A mixture of dark blood, cartilage, muscle, and bone could be seen from both ends where her head had been severed. On the sheets beneath her, there were also brown and dark red stains just like on the top covers.