❥𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈

Start from the beginning

Reaching the door, they wrapped their hand around the knob and curled their fingers to form a fist, twisting as they did so before pushing it open. The moment they stepped inside, the familiar smell of oak and grass hit them— no doubt from the vast amount of flora that welcomed them in.

They took a step forward, closing the door quietly behind them as they did so while they glanced around. The first thing that caught their eye was the pair of shoes and the lack of another next to them. This wasn't unusual but still something to note, meaning their mother was home but as always their father wasn't.

They rolled their eyes and were half thankful for it since their father being home never meant good things in their opinion. He was never there to see them after all, not willingly. If anything he was there to see them only to check on training progress and make awkward idle chit chat which was something they never looked forward to. The only person in this house hold Rex Lapis cared about was (Y/N)'s mother.

"I'm home." (Y/N) announced as they let a smile freely twist their lips at the instant relief that washed over them.

Bending down, (Y/N) snaked their arm behind their ankle and slid their finger into the back of their shoe before peeling it off, doing the same action with the opposite one. They then placed them in its usual spot besides their mother's before picking up their indoor slippers that were haphazardly tossed around since they were in a rush to leave this morning.

The silence of the home was a stark contrast to their personality— but that was what made it so lovable. They loved the silence they came home to, it was a sanction of safety and tranquility they thought was a perfect alternative to days of excitement and danger.

They walked further into the house and peered into the first room on their left, the dining room with a chair next to the window their mother liked to sit in vacant of any people.

Continuing to walk through that to the connecting kitchen area, they peeked into the kitchen with their hands curling around the doorframe as if waiting to surprise someone, though that was empty as well. They shrugged before dropping their hands back to their side and figuring the next place to look would probably be the bedrooms, otherwise their mother was in the garden outside, but they didn't feel like going back out.

They walked up the stairs, the floorboards creaking in the same ways they usually did under their weight as they glanced at the paintings that lined the wall.

As (Y/N) walked in the direction of their mother's room, they couldn't help but smile sadly, wishing they could have returned with good news for her. Their hand curled into a fist before they lightly rapped their knuckles against the door, hovering it away immediately after as they waited for a response.

Getting nothing, they tilted their head before knocking again, this time a little louder before waiting another couple of seconds.

No response again.

Their mind began to spiral out of control in negative thoughts causing a spike of adrenaline to shoot throughout their body, the hormone climbing up to their head making their vision feel almost like static. Their heart rate rapidly increased as their breaths quickened, taking in more air as their throat bobbed from swallowing down the tenseness building up in their throat.

Feeling their equilibrium erratically trying to stabilize itself once again, they shakily lifted their hand to open the door. That feeling of weight returned as it did the day their babysitter died— the one where it felt as if they were submerged in water with how sluggish their movements had become and how heavy their limbs felt.

The door slowly opened, creaking at the hinges as (Y/N) looked inside with widened eyes.

They let out a shaky release of air once they saw the tuft of (H/C), their panicked senses immediately settling down and calming.