A knock on your door woke you up from your daze.

Hmm it's 11:30 pm, who must it be at the door.

You walked slowly to the door and opened it.

"Dear, are you alright I was at your door around 6:00pm, but I figured you were sleeping"

"One-chan!"

Your neighbors, Mr Kaneki and his daughter Ichika Kaneki. He stood there in his white button up and black slacks. A casserole in his hand, the kind smile on his face, his eyes a maze to be lost in. He looks like home. It hasn't been long since they moved him, it has been a week, before my accident, I helped them move in, and I got along very well with his small family.

The little girl who looked exactly like her father but with mother's eyes leaped forward to hug me.

I petted her head, her pretty white locks.

For the first time today I genuinely laughed at Kaneki's and his daughters antics.

"Mr Kaneki I'm sorry I passed out on the floor, I just woke up a few minutes ago"  I said moving aside letting them pass through.

Kaneki sighed shaking his head.

"I wish you would have called Touka then, she was in the house before she left for her shift"

He put the casserole on the dining table and he gently held my hand and led me towards the stairs.

"I just didn't want to disturb you guys, it must be alot on your hands too" I smiled apologetically.

Kaneki then rolled his eyes muttering under his breathe, how I'm such a hard headed girl which me and Ichika burst out in laughter.

He then carried me into a bridal position and carried me up the stairs without a warning causing me to let out a yelp and hold onto him tight.

Ichika followed behind singing a song she learned in school earning huge claps and cheers for me.

"One-chan, I'm wearing pink panties too" she said excitedly, finding her most adored one-chan matching with her.

Ahhh kids and their honest minds.

I raised my head to look at her with an horrified expression as she stood beside her father, looking inside my skirt.

"Ichika-chan" you cry out of shame as she laughed prettily closing her mouth.

"Is that so Ichika well mommy's wearing pink too, I guess all the ladies are matching today" Kaneki laughed along as I slapped his chest in embarrassment.

"Ichika run the bath, I will be there with your red faced one-chan in few" he teased while laughing at your red blushing face.

"Yes daddy" Ichika giggled running to ur bathroom.

"Kaneki-san! You are extra cheeky today," you laughed along with him.

He layed you gently on the bed, his lips nearing ur head, his warm coffee spice cologne stuffing your nose and regretfully, you wanted to be in his embrace as long as you wanted.

"Well your Kaneki-san might be getting a promotion next week." He smiled at you cheekily before helping you sit up.

"Oh my god congratulations" I cheered giving him a hug.

He kissed my forehead and smiled at me.

"Thank you sweets," he carresed your hair, tied it up in a bun.

"Well your house looks spectacularly clean, I'm going to feel relaxed down on the couch okay, call me if you need anything" he said sarcastically putting a towel on your head, and helping me to the bathroom.

"Noooooooo," you whined childishly not wanting him to clean up your mess.

"Tch brat"

"Ichika-chan help your sister bathe okay darling"

" Yes daddy" Ichika came into view in her undergarments, ready to hand me a helping hand in the warm bath.

"Awee Ichika you're the sweetest little sister I've ever had"

She giggled. "I love you too One-chan"

"God it's sweeter than a cupcake in here I'm leaving" Kaneki moaned sarcastically, leaving while closing the door.

Ichika rolled her eyes at her daddy.

" My daddy thinks his really funny these days"

"Hey I heard that!" Kaneki shouts as he walks down the stairs.

I laughed at them while stripping.

I was going to sit in the bathtub until Ichika let out a scream.

"Ichika whats wrong!" I stood there frozen at her ear piercing scream.

Ichika stood before me, her baby eyes wide in horror. Her lips trembling as she moved further away from me.

Just then Kaneki bursted through the door.

"Y/n what happened why did Ichika scream-"

He stopped in mid words as he saw me.

Like as if someone poured a bucket of water over me, I quickly covered my body with my hands, trying to reach my towel.

And just then Kaneki seem to knock off his gaze on me. He quickly led the crying Ichika out and closed the door.

I slowly settled into the bathtub, I couldn't help but cry hearing her little voice hiccuping. She was worried about me, and cried because I was hurt, she did truly love me alot. I felt so guilty for ruining her innocent eyes.

I sat there for an hour in the bathtub. It didn't affect my casts since they were tightly wrapped in plastic by Ichika, so water couldn't seep in.

Just then the door opened and Kaneki came in.

"Sorry about that, Ichika is very sensitive to things like this, she has a slight trauma about it, but it's common in kids" Kaneki said in a soothing voice before walking over to me.

"I just put her to sleep, and Touka just came back early after I called"

"I'm sorry Kaneki" I meeked out weakly, feeling embarrassed as I put my head down in shame.

He sat behind me on the stand and started soaping my wet hair.

"What's there to be sorry for y/n, you didn't do anything, it's not your fault and never was okay"

You just nodded and whispered a small thanks.

I could feel him leaning closer to me as his hands soaped my shoulders. As they went lower he stopped at my bruises.

"You don't have to tell me if you are not comfortable with it you know, but I just wanted to know who hurt you like this" his voice broke into a sad tone as he gently washed your bruised parts, respectfully looking in your eyes for any signs of discomfort.

You squeezed his arms as they gently washed your bruised thighs.

You took a deep breathe and told him what happened, you didn't hold back on the details, you told him everything that happened to you since the start of your spring break and how you got into an accident that was actually planned by Hori and her friends, and how they always seemed to torture you when you were in a relationship with Miyamura and how he broke up with you at the end of the spring break right after ripping you off your innocence.

Then you cried and cried in his arms until you almost fell asleep in his arms.

He dried you up and applied healing ointment to your bruises and helped you with your clothes.

He then brought up supper, your favorite Mac and cheese, he made for you. He fed you like a baby and make sure you took your meds and drank  a plenty of water before putting you to sleep he stayed by your side that night, petting you to sleep playing with your hair, and holding you in his safe and warm embrace.

And you slept soundly like a little baby, truth to be told it was the best sleep you had in weeks.

-------------------
Thank you for reading this, you make my day❤️