"It was good. Janay invited me to a party."

"On a Monday?" She asked biting into the sandwich.

"That's the same thing I said." I chuckled. "But the seniors ain't got school tomorrow."

"You goin?"

"I want to, but if you need me to babysit then I just won't go."

"Getting tired of babysitting aren't you?" I hesitantly nodded. "I know." She sighed. "I tried to tell Nico that. The club isn't open on Mondays, so you good. Go and have fun." She smiled.

"You sure?"

"I'm positive. Where it's at?"

"A beach house."

"Mmm, okay. Just be careful. You need a ride?"

"Nah, Janay said she would come and get me."

"Well you know I'm on speed dial if you need me."

"Of course."

I hopped down from the barstool and headed into my room. I sent a text to Janay letting her know that I was going and to pick me up at 7. I have no idea what to wear but since it's my first party down here, I knew I needed to look good. After about an hour of tearing my closet apart, I finally decided on something. I connected my phone to the speaker before hopping in the shower.

My stomach was in knots. I don't know if it was because of the party, or because it was AJ's party. I just knew it was gonna be so many people there, and I just wanna fit in. I hopped out the shower about 45 minutes later and wrapped the towel around my body. I looked at the time and saw it was going on 6:30. I did not plan on staying in the shower that long. I quickly lotioned up and got dressed. By that time, Janay texted me to let me know that she was about to pull up. I quickly applied lip gloss and fluffed my hair before heading out to her car.

"Okay, period!" She yelled after she rolled the window down. I smiled to myself before getting into the car.

"Don't hype me. You look good too."

"I try

"I try." She smirked before pulling off. "You ready"

"Nervous actually."

"Don't be. You gone have a good time tonight. Imma make sure of it." I nodded my head and turned to face the window.

It took us about 25 minutes to get to the beach house. I applied one more coat of lip gloss as Janay found somewhere to park.

"If something happens and we get separated, meet me back at the car. I won't leave without you."

"Something like?"

"Cops show up. Shit like that."

I nodded my head and got out the car. We linked arms and headed into the party. Lil Baby's "On Me" blasted throughout the house.