Meta-Fore of Love - part five *

Start from the beginning

Tuwaine invited you a few days ago for a friendly celebration bash, though he did not reveal what it would be in celebration of. Of course you couldn't say no to him, even without knowing much about what he's putting together. All you know is that you're supposed to dress up nicely and bring a bottle of wine. Though Harrison is the one in charge of that part of the deal because fancy wines are not your biggest strength.

"He-eeey nakey lady."

You jolt too damn much at the sudden invasion of that voice. "Don't do that!"

Tom laughs impishly at your shock reaction. "Now you know how I feel," he says in mischief, with a click of his tongue the way you often do to him. "What's going on? You're in here mumbling to yourself."

"Can't find any joggers, and I need them so I won't moon anyone while I put on my make-up," you explain, back to scavenging your room, now deep into the bottom drawer of your dresser.

"Those joggers you're not wearing look fine to me."

"Don't start," you chuckle, contracting into yourself so your butt isn't so pushed back. "We're gonna be late for T's dinner if you do."

"So what," Tom scoffs. "I'm a celebrity, I'm always fashionably late."

"Once more using the movie star card in your favor, I see," you chide, hearing the shuffling of his socks on the floor as he steps closer.

When his hand creeps slowly on the nape of your neck, you straighten up on your feet before he gets any ideas.

"But I'm not a celebrity, so being late is out of the question. No matter how fashionable it might be."

"Where's the fun in that?" Tom taunts you with a scoff.

Right at the same time, the door bangs in the background, so you say, "And we just saved Harrison a few more hours of therapy.Now go put on something nice for your friend, hm?"

Tom puffs out a breath, but he accepts the peck you drop on his cheek and leaves you to your business.

"So," Tom says, substituting the empty cup in your hand with a half full glass of red wine. "How have you been enjoying this lovely evening, darling?"

You frown hard at the nickname which, although not unusual for Tom, gains a completely different undertone today.

"Don't frown, it's just a nickname." He laughs. You only shrug, tasting the drink he just brought you. "You wanna head home?"

It's not late, but it seems like the night has been over for a little while. The only reason you've stuck around is because Tuwaine has been preoccupied with several of the other guests and you don't want to leave without saying a word to him.

"Been trying to catch T to at least thank him for the invite, but the man has been seriously busy."

Tonight's event was a celebration of Tuwaine being cast in a new theater show. You had been aware that he was going to different auditions and branching out on his work, but he had kept this news a secret from the majority of the night's guests. At least you could tell that much from the several expressions of surprise that filled the room when he made an official announcement.

"That's the life of a newfound star, I'm afraid."

"Yeah, and you would know alllll about that, wouldn't you?" you tease Tom for his conceited remark.

"I would." Tom grins in mischief. Then he looks to the side and nudges your elbow with his palm. "Here's your man of the night."

After congratulating your friend-by-proxy-turned-close-friend for his new job and for the great celebration he hosted, you step back and sip your wine while the two of them hug each other.