X

Kane's (POV) :

I could feel the tension between us all, this had become a complete mess just like I was trying to avoid. It was right here and right now that I could get Darren to finally choose someone who'd love him more. Looking over to Seb who was glaring at me tears rolling down his red cheeks. To make matters worse I've destroyed Seb in the process, but he should of seen this coming.

"Ryan are you really giving me an ultimatum right now? Your trying to make me choose?"

Darren said getting closer but Ryan just back holding his hands out keeping Darren at Bay. Seb suddenly walked over to me pushed me into the ground standing over me hatred in his eyes as he looked down at me. Darren let out a sigh before speaking his voice sounding a little soft.

"I really did love you Ryan, but after years of chasing you then losing you I lost those feelings slowly — so now I'm choosing to be with Kane."

"Wow —- wow — well then I never expected this to happen, but unlike Kane I'm going to wish you to the best and live my life. Well then — hope you guys enjoy your lives together. You know what they say snakes love each other's company. "

Ryan said choking up his face beet red I could see just how distraught and hurt he was by this but the way Darren was brushing off Ryan's feelings. I opened my mouth to say something, but before I could Ryan stalked off shuffling downstairs slowly disappearing. Me, Seb, and Darren were just looking at each other exchanging looks.I wanted to say something, but there's a lump in my throat and I had cotton mouth now.

"Sebastian look I know that how I led you on was dead wrong, but I do want to preserve our friendship if that's—"

"Go to hell."

Sebastian said before turning to storm off, but Ryan suddenly reappeared behind him were the rest of the guys. Oliver walked over to where Seb was standing putting his hand on his shoulder trying to comfort his little brother. I didn't know what the hell was going on but it wasn't going to be good.

"Look guys we wanted to let you handle this stuff on your own, but it's starting to effect the group with all the tension being created. So I'm going to ask right now— Darren and Kane are you sure that you two want to —"

"Yes I finally realized that I've been chasing the wrong person."

Darren said enthusiastically not even giving Oliver a chance to finish his sentence. I just nodded in agreement, out the corner of my eye I could see the devastation in Ryan and Seb's eyes. Walking over to Seb getting down on my knees taking his hands into mine, but he quickly snatched them away before turning and walking away. All I could do was stare after him unsure of what to say —

*~*~*~*~*A MONTH LATER *~*~*~*~*

It was awkward between Darren, Ryan, me and Sebastian. In videos we tried our best to put aside our feelings for the stars. Darren mouthed off as usual,I argued with him but it was hard for me to talk to Seb. Walking into our room felt like walking into a freezer he was always cold and distant, Ryan said Darren was even giving him the cold shoulder. It was hard to deal with this, even so holding in my feelings wasn't going to do me any good.

"Kane —- can we talk?"

Seb suddenly said sitting up staring at the door that was ajar as if he was contemplating getting up and closing it. Sliding off the bed I walked over to the door shutting it my heart was pounding and I felt the same lump in my throat I felt when I caught Darren and Ryan —

"I hate being betrayed, but I'm not really mad at you more so — at myself because you've told me that your feelings for Darren hadn't changed, but I let myself fall into the trap of believing you when you promised that you were over him and wanted me. Plus it's not like we had much of a relationship anyways."

Seb said in a calm manner I just couldn't turn to face him, it was impossible how do I save face with him. Slowly turning on my heel I stared into Seb's eyes feeling my heart climbing into my throat. I felt like a complete asshole, even after everything I've dragged him through he was forgiving me. Walking over to the bed to take a seat next to him stopping midway turning to the wall leaning up against it instead to avoid creating more awkwardness.

"I don't want the group to suffer anymore I really don't I just— I really thought I'd be able to get over Darren after kissing you, but it just deepened my feelings for him. Im so so sorry— I really am."

I said in a solemn tone staring down at my slippers clenching my jaw. Things had become really messed up ever since this mess between Ryan, Darren, and me started I made it worse by dragging Seb into this mess. Walking over to the bed looking over to Seb to see if he felt comfortable he just simply scooted a few inches away before patting the bed. Taking a seat next to him not sure if me apologizing this way was enough considering the damage I've done.

"Kane you — I know that you are really caring person and really didn't mean to do all those things. Honestly I just want to forget it all happen, let's just start over fresh —"

Sebastian said a forced smile on his face I could tell he secretly wanted to cry, but wasn't going to cry in front of me. Pulling him into a hug squeezing him tightly my hand on his head wanting him to let his guard down.

"Cry — it's fine — I know this hurt you—"

"It's fine — like I said everything is done now we can stay friends now. Just promise me you'll stop trying so hard to fight your heart when it speaks to you."

He whispered softly wrapping his arms around my waist. Smiling to myself I nodded even if things weren't ever going to be the same I just felt happy to have my Bestfriend back. After we talked for an hour we ended up streaming together just jamming to music. We ended it around 8 o'clock and went to sleep together, but I couldn't help but think about Ryan and Darren. Sitting up I threw the covers off of me sliding my legs over the edge of the bed before pushing myself up looking over my shoulder to see Seb's silhouette. Walking out of the room I walked downstairs and suddenly could hear Ryan's voice he sounded half asleep. Walking towards the kitchen where the voices were coming from surprised to see that Seb wasn't in bed but downstairs talking to Ryan. Beside him was Darren who was quietly staring at Ryan who was simply stone faced.

" —- I don't know if starting over will help us, I just need time and I want you two to respect that. Kane he only apologized to you not me —-"