Chapter 5

Lexi didn't say anything, "We're going to a party later" Nate smiled.

Lexi scowled in annoyance, "no thanks" she spat.

"I didn't want to tell you this yet but-" He started.

"What," Lexi snapped.

"I took some pictures of you last night while you were sleeping," He explained. Lexi's eyes widened in shock. He wouldn't.

"I can show you," He smirked, pulling out his phone.

"No," She responded quickly.

"Let's make a deal," He told Lexi.

"What kind of deal?" She asked.

"I won't post these pictures if you do as I say," He thundered.

"Are you trying to ruin my life," She yelled out in frustration.

"I'm taking care of you," He screamed while throwing his hands up in frustration.

Lexi felt furious. She was not a baby anymore and did not want to be treated like one. She also didn't want Nate to take care of her as if he were one of her parents.

"You are not my father," She shouted angrily.

"I don't want to be," He laughed.

"Then what do you want to be?" She questioned.

"Yours," He said back and Lexi crossed her arms.

"I don't want another man to even look at you," He growled.

It was then that Lexi Howard wished that she had never met Nate Jacobs. That he never ever laid eyes on her. That he never noticed her. That she perfectly blended in to the crowd.

She didn't understand why he was so interested in her. She wasn't like Maddy. She didn't dress like her and she wasn't as confident.

"I also want to dress you," He sneered while basically undressing her with his eyes.

"I don't want this to be my life," She yelled.

"Too bad. I already bought you a dress," He said roughly.

Lexi and Nate could not go to a party together. It would cause so much trouble. What if Maddy was there? What if Cassie was there? Nothing good could come from Lexi and Nate going to a party together. Lexi also just didn't want to go to a party with Nate. It would be a disaster.

"This party is going to be a disaster," Lexi shouted trying to convince Nate that they should just do something else. Anything else.

"I disagree," He stated.

Lexi huffed, "What if Maddy is there?"

"I can handle Maddy," Nate spit.

"She's fucking scary. I've seen the really fucked up shit she's done to people. I don't want her to make my life a living hell," Lexi tried to explain.

Out of nowhere Nate started to get very close to Lexi,"I'm scarier and I can protect you," He argued.

"You want to protect me?" Lexi questioned.

Nate nodded his head, "I can keep all the monsters away"

"Then stay away from me. You are a monster Nate and deep down you know that," She fumed.

Nates eyes darkened and his expression turned stony, "A monster wouldn't be giving you choices"

Lexi's jaw dropped, "What fucking Choices?" she barked.

"Let's stop talking about this. Get in the car," demanded Nate.

Lexi made a face, "No"

"I'm not asking. Get in the car," He insisted.