Chapter 20

Asher's pov:

It's Thursday and I'm so fucking exited. I get to camp out with Dove in 2 days!! I could cuddle with her, wake her up, we could sing, and I might see her playful side that I loved so much. But right now I'm just looking out the window of my room, watching the house across from mine. I tried to see if I could see Dove since her house is the one across from mine and our rooms were across from each other. I couldn't see her though so I just decided to go swimming since school had ended and I had no class work.

I wore my swim trunks and went downstairs to the pool. I spent a while just swimming until I got tired so I went inside to take a shower.

By the time I showered and got out it was about 20 minutes. I went down stairs and saw Avery, my mom and Jay in the living room having tea. I had no clue what they were talking about, I just went to grab a bottle of water and go back to my room. I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to engage with them. I wasn't in the mood for social interaction, but of course my mom dragged me into the conversation. Avery could tell I wasn't in the mood to talk so she made an excuse so she could get me out of there.

"Nice seeing you." I told Jay as I walked out of there with Avery.

I went to my room and got on my phone to check notifications and I was shocked and scared by what I saw. Oh. My. God. It was Brody. Brody called me. I was shaking and my breath hitched. He had left a message so I didn't know if I should listen to it or not. I decided to listen to it with Lucas, but since it was like 8 I could go to Lucas' place tomorrow and listen with Lucas.

I went on twitter for a little bit before going down to eat dinner around 8:30. I finished eating and got in bed to sleep but I couldn't. I just couldn't stop tossing and turning, I couldn't stop thinking about the call, I couldn't stop thinking about the date, I couldn't stop thinking. I couldn't sleep so I went to get a glass of water. When I got to the kitchen I remembered when Dove was looking for a snack.

-flashback-

"Dove what are you doing up?" I asked

"Same thing as you looking for a midnight snack, which by the way you have none of."

"Yeah I do, you're probably just not looking in the right places."

"And where would the right places be exactly?"

"Right here," I said as I pointed up to a whole cupboard full of snacks "your short ass probably didn't see it."

"Well then fuck you and thank you."

"Fuck me? When?"

"Wow Hall, you're moving fast, we just met."

-end of flashback-

I chuckled at the thought of that memory with Dove. I got my glass of water and went up to my room to sleep. The thought of Dove made me feel like I was safe when I'm with her, like I'm home. As I thought of Dove I slowly drifted to sleep.

Dove's pov:

It's about 9 pm and I can't sleep. I don't know what it is. I've heard these pathetic things like 'If you can't sleep it's because someones thinking about you' but to me they are really stupid. Who could possibly 'be thinking about me' right now.

I went to take a shower, maybe that would help me sleep. When I got out I changed into gray sweats and went to bed, it was too hot for a shirt. I went to sleep thinking about the beautiful curly haired boy.

River's pov:

Asher had asked me to meet him at the park he's planning the date to be at on Friday around 7 so I could help get things ready for the date. I'm so excited that my older sister is finally going on a date since her ex. She was pretty heartbroken over that guy, but it's okay she's moving on.

The Girl Next DoorOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara