Drunken Moves

Joby Taylor - Fluff
(How have I not done 
Joby yet???? he's kinda pathetic in this
but Joby owns my heart <333)

     You'd lived in Massena your entire life- born there, grew up there... and planned to live out your entire life there.

That was the thing about small towns, some people found them overwhelmingly small, but some much like yourself; found a certain comfort in them.

While true, nothing super interesting happened there, you enjoyed it nonetheless. 

You had a small- very overpriced apartment you rented on your own. 

It'd been a long day of work already, but your second shift had just begun. 

Living in New York- the only downfall was how expensive it was even in the upstate areas, causing you to have to hold two jobs. 

You'd just gotten off work from your waitressing gig, and stopped home to change into your work clothes for bartending. 

    It was a weekday evening, so the bar was pretty desolate except for the few regulars. 

But that was alright with you, that just made for a pretty quiet shift. 

"Good evening." A chatty regular named Chris piped up. 

"Good evening, Chris. Did you get an early start tonight?" You laughed gently at his already slurring words. 

He nodded messily, "I couldn't wait around for you forever, horrible day at the construction site today." He grumbled. 

You put a gentle hand on his shoulder as you passed by him. "Let me clock in and you can tell me all about it." You smiled.

You didn't like getting touchy with customers, but it earned you good tips. 

Once clocked in you returned to the bar, filling a pint of beer for another patron as Chris rambled about his day. 

"New guy doesn't know how to work the excavator- and of course boss got me trainin' him. Me." He emphasized. 

You nodded, not really understanding anything about construction work, "That must be annoying." 

He blew a soft raspberry, "Tell me about it. I get he's just a kid, maybe early twenties, but why work construction if you know 'nun 'bout it?" He slurred frustratedly. 

You grabbed his glass, topping it off. "Look at it this way, you get to teach him something useful." 

He grumbled a laugh, before rambling more about his work as the bell overtop the door rang out gathering your attention.

Two wildly different men waltzed through the door. 

The first man was only slightly taller than the other but held himself both professionally and awkwardly. 

He was lanky and wore a sort of reddish sweater with a blue collared shirt underneath and nice slacks. 

His brunette hair was clean-cut- like his facial hair.

The other man, however, was extremely opposite in appearance. 

His hair was darker- maybe even black but the low lighting of the bar made it difficult to distinguish specifically, and it was long draped around the nape of his neck. He had a small patch of hair on his chin.