'My husband. My angel boy. I didn't intend to write you a letter but here I am. I know you've said before how you admire my optimism. I say everything will be fine so that we won't feel scared. But as the hours go by, as I can't rest my eyes for a sleep, I don't think I've ever felt this scared before.

My entire existence was made up to love you. I was put here, I endured what I've had to endure, just to show you the love you deserve. I hope I've succeeded in making up for the love you lacked in receiving as just a boy. I hope that the family we start will make you forget the constant hurt.

It's unfathomable to think I found you when I used to think my luck was out. All I've ever dreamed of having, I finally have it. You're the one I would wish for at 11:11. You're the one I hoped to end up with. I look at you and I'm certain that I would find you again in another life. Whatever shape or form, I'd end up with you. I love you, irrevocably so.

Whatever happens, please know I was doing it for us—I'm doing it for our future that calls my name. I'm scared, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the things that mean the most to you. You mean the absolute most to me and I'm incredibly excited for the rest of our lives. I'm excited for the anniversaries, for the road trips with our kids, for the late-night drives because the music sounds better on empty roads, for the walks on early Sunday morning to the park, for the breakfast in bed with an accidental spill of maple syrup, for the birthdays and the presents we promised we wouldn't get for each other, for the music that will beat in our chest when we go out to dance, and for all the memories we're destined to make together. I will wait patiently for us to live this life, however many lifetimes it will take.

I love you,
Your Elle.'

I fold the letter in half and I place the pen above the table where I've found it. I then tuck the letter inside my mother's journal as I'm not prepared to give it to Harry just yet.

I shiver when I feel cold and I rest my head back when I get a pang by my temple. I close my eyes and take the silence the empty safe house offers, but then I hear footsteps. When I turn my head, I see Harry and I'm quick to sit up as he makes his way toward me.

"I'm back," he says.

"You're back," I say with a smile and I watch as he leans close to kiss me. Freshly showered, his damp hair feels cold as it briefly touches my forehead. I then stand up, tucking my mom's journal under my arm, but going in for a hug.

He hugs me tightly and a hand finds its way onto the back of my head. He rubs it as if he knows it hurts. I hum as he says, "Should we head to bed?"

"Sure."

He nods then lets go to wrap an arm around my shoulder. I'm tucked to his side as we head to our room together. Although I doubt I will get any sleep, I'd rather hold him for the next few hours I have left.

By the time we get to our room, I place the journal on a dusty shelf and I watch him pull his t-shirt over his head. I get comfortable myself by stripping down to only my t-shirt and underwear.

He pats the spot next to him once he's in bed and I climb over him to get there. Immediately, he takes me into his arms and kisses my cheek.

I pull the blankets over our bodies as our legs intertwine. "Kiss," I then whisper and he gives me what I've asked for.

A soft kiss turns into several pecks before he then whispers, "Can I tell you something?"

I nod.

"Whatever happens tomorrow—"

The urge to cut him off with another kiss takes over me. I don't let him finish.

With a soft sigh, he ends up kissing me again. As if he knows, he then mumbles, "I don't want to think of the bad what-ifs either... but if something goes wrong—"