9

It was a hard week but the weekend was so close.
You slightly swayed in your seat as you waited for the red light to turn green as you headed home.
It was a slow day by your surprise so your boss allowed you to go home a little early as a thanks for your hard work that didn't go by unnoticed.

You couldn't shake the excitement as you thought about hanging out with your cousin,she was like a older sister who shared the struggles of life with you always being a ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on and vice versa.
You hum as you raise the volume even louder feeling the bass in your bones.

:::

You were currently heating up some popcorn as you talked to your cousin on the phone while leaning on the counter.
"So I found this club nearby your place and it seems fun,I'm seeing a lot of happy reviews too."
Maria said. You can hear her smile through the phone.
"I think I know what your talking about,send me the link." You said as the microwave beeped.

You take it out setting it on the counter as you got a message from her.
"Yeah! I see that place when I go to work." You said as you grabbed a big bowl from a cabinet.

"Ooo! Invite your boyfriend! And see if he has a friend to bring for me as well." She teased through the phone.
You open the bag with a huff as your face secretly flushed.
"He is not my boyfriend,he's my neighbor who was very weird but nice." You said causing a small pause as your stomach sank.

"AHHH! He's your neighbor!? Like he lives right next to you!??" She screamed through the phone immediately making you lower the volume.
"Shut up! The walls are thin." You whispered,he may be at work but you don't wanna risk it.

She then started to ramble on and on about the two of you and already planned your wedding.
"Don't get pregnant girl, your to young for that shit." She sighs making you internally scream.

"Mommy who's that?" A sudden voice cuts in.

"Aww,is that little Juan?" You asked as she started to FaceTime you.

You accept and see him staring at the phone.
You give a big smile and wave. He's grown fast.
"Y/N!! Can you make me ice cream again?" He asked excitedly as he referred to the last time she came as a surprise at your work.

You became all lovey dovey as you nod your head.
"Yes of course anything for you,what do you want on it?" You asked as your cousin gave you a look in the background. You ignored her.

"Um..I want ice creme! And a lot of sprinkles!" He said happily as the camera shakes non stop.
"Yes of course I'll put chocolate on it too." You said in a baby voice absolutely loving how cute he is.

"Yayyy!" His voice then trails off as your cousin came in view.
"Um as his mother I didn't allow that." She said raising a brow.
You wave her off. "I don't need your permission woman,I'll spoil him whenever I want."
You laughed as she couldn't hold a straight face any longer before erupting in laughter too.
"Damn you y/n, I'm so glad we can hang out again. You better were something sexy for tomorrow night!"
She shouted as you groan.
"And invite your 'neighbor'." She teased once again leaving you to shake your head.
"Absolutely not,I definitely won't go crazy with you if he tags along."
You huffed as you ate some popcorn.

"Ooo~ you must really like him." She sang making you turn off your camera before she saw your flustered face.
"I know your blushing bitch,come back."
She laughed as you stuffed your face.
"Im not inviting him, mari. Just us." You sighed calling her by the nickname everyone else was use to.
"Your so lame it's almost sad. But alright I was only teasing,of course just us. Im not tryna have someone take my cousins time away from me." She huffed. You laugh as you suddenly heard crying in the background.
"Mommyyyy,my toy broke!" He cried as your cousin sighs.
"Alright y/n,I'll see you tomorrow.I gotta go as you can hear." She laughs.
You hum as you chewed on the popcorn before finally saying goodbye.