"Take your time!" He called after her, a smug smile on her face. 

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

     "Interns!" Jamie called into their locker room. "Let's go!" Before they all followed her and Bailey to a specific patient's room, stopping before walking in. 

     "When we walk into this door, you will maintain decorum." The shorter woman stated firmly. "You will not laugh, vomit or drop your jaw. Are we understood?"

     "Why would we laugh?" Mila questioned the people around her, a rather curious look on her face.

     Alex smirked and rubbed his hands together in eagerness. "Oh, just you wait."

     Jamie glared at him. "Karev, don't make me sit you out. Pull yourself together, wipe that look off your face or you're gone." She told him sternly and he instantly straightened up. 

     "Good morning, Miss Connors." Bailey said nice and loud for the woman to hear as the group of doctors entered her room. 

     "Good morning," The patient smiled in return. 

     As Jamie stood at the back of the intern group, she heard Joey whisper, "What the hell is that thing?"

     Cristina looked over at him and smiled. "Tumor."

grey's anatomy

     "Good morning, Annie. How are you?" Alex Karev greeted the patient lying in the bed. He and the patient had grown rather close since her admission. "This is Dr. Bailey and Dr. Grey along with my fellow interns."

     "Dr. Karev, we refer to patients as mister-" Bailey tried to tell him but was interrupted. 

     "I told him to call me Annie," The woman spoke. "Ms. Connors makes me feel old and fat, which I am, but why feel that way?"

     Jamie smiled. "I think you're just fine, Annie. Think positively; today is a good day." She reassured her with a nod. 

     "Good morning," Burke walked in. 

     "Oh, Annie, this is Dr. Burke- awesome surgeon."

     "Dr. Karev," The eldest Grey daughter cleared her throat before she motioned the intern towards the attending. "Present the case for Dr. Burke."

     He nodded. "Oh, uh, Annie Connors is a 43-year-old woman who presented last night with progressive shortness of breath for the past three months. Found to have a very large tumor of unknown origin pressed against her diaphragm. Stable vital signs. Scheduled for a CT this morning, sir."

     "Thank you, Dr. Karev," Burke replied before turning to the patient. "Are you at all claustrophobic?" He asked. 

     "I've been house bound for the last year," Annie mused. "How claustrophobic could I be?"

     "Alright then, Dr. Stacey is going to take you up for a CT. It will give us a better look at the tumor, and we'll know how to proceed from there."

     Mila nodded at Annie. "It's nice to meet you, ma'am."

     "You too..." Annie smiled but it faltered. "Could someone tell my mom? She'll worry if she gets back and I'm not here."

     Burke nodded his head. "Yeah, of course. Of course." He dismissed her. 

     "And, um, would it be possible for Alex to take me instead of Dr. Stacey? I mean, he- he's just so fun to look at."