Part 7

An annoying shriek pierced the air. Bells rang in my ear.

"For the love of all that is chocolate Gwen! What is your problem?" Kimber pushed the back of my seat.

The four of us were in Gina's SUV driving to Snoqualmie for our spa weekend. Gina, of course, was driving. I always rode shotgun and Lara and Kimber were in the backseat.

"Adam friend requested me on Facebook!" I proudly flipped my phone to face them so they can see why I have lost my mind. The only reason they haven't kicked me out of the moving vehicle is because I paid for the damn trip, technically my boyfriend did. The only one who seemed at all interested in my Adam stories was Lara. But her face wrinkled in what I could only describe as pain.

"Ohmygoodness! Turn it down! My ears are still ringing." She stuck her fingers in her ears.

Still focused on her driving, Gina glanced at me briefly. "You are playing with fire."

Lara snorted. "What's wrong with fire? You may get burned but at least you'd know you're alive."

"Are you really jonesing for this dude while we're off to use your boyfriend's credit card for the weekend? Might I add how completely ridiculous and stupid that is?" Kimber was always the voice of reason. It's expected from a 30-year-old virgin who's always too busy to date and waiting for  a doctor to pick her up in his magic phone booth—or so I've heard. I've never watched the show. Too dorky for me.

"Flings are the best!" Lara nodded, her eyebrows raised and her eyes glistened like dewy spring leaves.

"Excuse me," I finally interjected. "Last I checked this was my life and judging was not allowed on this trip. Right, Kimber who packed every single camera in the world?"

"You have got to be kidding me! I packed 3 cameras, a tripod and some flashes. You, on the other hand, are thinking of cheating on your boyfriend—"

"Who has a wife!" The three of us said at the same time and we all burst out laughing.

Kimber's cute, round face flushed red. "Don't even get me started on that subject!" I bet she has a lot to say about that subject given she's a Catholic, born and raised.

"Kevin is aware we're not exclusive." My voice faltered. It's a half truth. "Okay, fine. We never really discussed it openly but I'm sure he's still sleeping with his wife. It's not like he has feelings for her, it's just fucking. I understand. I'm not looking to have any feelings for Adam other than the feel of his cock inside me."

A stuffed bunny landed on my face. Since we're using Gina's car, her kids' stuff were everywhere. We had no choice, a weekend trip with 4 women requires a big vehicle. I packed a suitcase for my shoes alone.

"Kimber, you have GOT to lighten up," Lara quipped. "It's not enough that you're a virgin? You have to be all McJudgey too?"

Gina looked at Lara through the rearview mirror. "She definitely needs a massage with a happy ending, huh?"

"Better get in line," the younger woman replied and winked.

The discussion went back to how Kimber really needs to have sex already—I agree, by the way—and I was glad. I turned my attention back to my phone. Should I accept his friend request or not? If I do then I can look at his profile freely. I tapped.

Adam Jamieson is now your friend. Click here to write on his wall.

I tapped again. His profile was bare. He posts every now and then, I guess but he's not one of those people who share everything. Speaking of which...

I went back to my wall. Check-in. Salish Spa and Lodge. "Weekend with girlfriends!" I typed and I tagged every one. Share!

I'm "those people". I watched in silence as the likes started coming in. Come on... come on... take the bait.

Adam Jamieson, Lara Garten, Shawn Collins and 8 others liked your status.

I bit my tongue to keep me from screaming again.

Adam Jamieson commented on your post.

Tap.

Weekend plans indeed.

Should I reply? What should I say? Something flirty but subtle. I tugged on my seatbelt and nibbled on my lower lip. My fingers itched to reply but I knew I can't reply within seconds of him commenting. Finally, I slid my phone back into my bra. Out of sight, out of mind.

"Finally you're off that device," Gina said in a stern voice. "This weekend should be about relaxing and hanging out with your real world friends. Not your social media pals."

Even though she's only 3 years older than me, Gina acts older. This is why I'm never having kids. Not only do they make you fat, they make you old. "I'm glad I'm pleasing you, Gina. Since that's my only purpose in life."

Ten minutes later, the car pulled up by the Salish Lodge and Spa and we were greeted by a couple of cute attendants. I breathed in, the fresh air crisp and clean filling my lungs and immediately I felt my nervousness fade away. We had to speak louder due to the roar of the falls nearby.

I watched as my friends walked into the lodge, the attendants carrying our suitcases and when I knew the coast was clear, I pulled my phone out. The sound of my heart beat exploded in my ears.

Text from Adam.

So I guess I know where to find you.

A smile tugged at the corner of my mouth. Tap, tap, tap.

Or did I want you to find me?