She Will Be Loved (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

“Adam!”

I saw Cee Lo’s waving to me. I smiled and walked to them. I looked at the people on the table. Everyone’s here, including Christina, but now she’s too busy with her phone to realize me standing here. Blake pulled the chair for me as I’ll be sitting in front of… Christina.

                I gotta act super cool.

                “Everyone’s here now,” Blake’s voice made Christina’s gaze moved to us, especially ME, who was sitting in front of her.

                “Oh, hey Adam!” Christina’s voice that I missed a lot greeted me. My heart made a sudden free fall and flipped happily as I looked onto her beautiful blue eyes.

                “Hey, Chris. Wow, you look so lovely tonight,” I complimented, meaning it to her wearing the purple dress that fitted perfectly on her curvaceous body. No, she always looked lovely, whatever clothes that she wears.

                “You too. I mean, not lovely but…um, smart,” she said, smiling sheepishly. I smiled as now my heart was really in happiness.

                “Snap the drama, guys. I’m hungry!” Cee Lo grumbled. We all moved our attention to him and laughed.

                “Okay, okay, let’s eat then!” Blake nodded quickly and started to take the fork and knife on the table.

We started to eat then.

---

                My phone rang, disturbing our chatters on the dining table. I took it out of my jeans pocket and looked at the screen.

Amanda.

“Um, sorry guys, I gotta answer a call,” I stood up and left. They just trailed me leaving them with their eyes.

I tapped on the green button to answer the call.

“Hello, honey. Anything to report?” I said. Oh god, I really miss my daughter, so damn much.

“Dad! I’ll be receiving an award for the best student next week! Will you come and watch me, dad?” Amanda’s adorable voice heard happily through the phone.

“Wow, you are fantastic! That is my daughter,” I praised her.

“Um, when you’ll be coming home? I miss you, dad. You didn’t want to see me receiving the award?” her voice started to change into… sadness.

“I’m sorry, Amanda. I can’t. I’m just too…busy,” I explained, sadly, I wanted to see her walking on the stage and taking the award. I really wanted to see it. But… it had gone all shattered apart with all my celebrity’s life.

Ugh.

Amanda clicked off the line. I pulled the phone off my ear and sighed. I’m sorry, Amanda. I never meant to do this to you.

                I walked into the restaurant again. I saw only Christina sitting there, really busy tapping something on her phone. I wondered who was messaging with her now.

                I pulled the chair and sat on it. The chair made a sound, snapping Christina out of her deep attention to her phone.

                “Where’s Blake and Cee Lo?” I asked, looking into her eyes, her eyes that I didn’t want to stop staring at it.