New Engineer, Old ship

Jackson POV

It was a nice summer day, The sun was shining, birds were singing, and flowers were blooming. It was days like this Jackson couldn't help but smile and take in a deep breath of the ocean air, it was relaxing. Sadly the Middle Age Engineer didn't have much time to enjoy the summer day as he need to head towards the Command center for new orders, he didn't understand why he was needed.

There wasn't any need for people in his position, people who were meant to repair the many ships of Eagle Union, as most if not all were transferred into ship girls thanks to the miracle known as Wisdom Cubes. These Cubs of enormous power were responsible for bring every singe nations navy's ships to life as Females.

Jackson couldn't wrap is head around it sometimes, sure the nations alliance known as Azur lane was Victorious and Sirens sightings were very little at the very least. It just didn't fully comput with Jackson as the hard steal of ships he loved were now flesh and bone with their own thoughts and feelings.

Shaking away his thoughts, he walked into the command center and up to the reception desk " Hi, how may I help you?" The receptionist asked with a bright smile, Jackson returned the smile " I was told I have new orders form the Admiral. " he said as the receptionist looked at the many brown envelopes " Stat your name and rank, please. " the receptionist asked still looking.

" Ensign, Rezal Jackson." He started as the receptionist found the right envelope and handed it to him, taking a hold of the envelope, Jackson inspected it before looking back at the receptionist" Please make your way towards dry dock 4. Have a good day. " The receptionist said with another smile as Jackson nodded in response, turing around and started to make his way towards the dry docks.

He found himself wounding why he was needed in Dry Dock 4, he place a hand on his chin in deep thought as if he remembers that dock belongs to USS Enterprise. It was honestly a bit obvious that they needed him to help repair something with her rigging. With  a sigh, he continued his walk towards Dry dock 4.

After a few short minutes, he was at larger dry dock. Seeing the large Yorktown Aircraft currier already dock for repairs, refueling, and replenishment on ammunition. Seeing the ship itself made him wish the sirens never showed up,  maybe then he would server on a ship. It seem better days, multiple dents of steal plating covered the ship along with cracks, the Aircraft currier looked like it took two trips through hell and back. He felt sorry for the lead engineer.

With another sigh escape his lips as Jackson looked at the envelope, but before he could open it and see his new orders. He heard someone walking up to him, thinking it was just another worker or another shipgirl passing by. But he would be wrong as the footsteps stopped next to him.

Looking up and to the right of him, Jackson was meet with a girl with long  white hair while wearing a captions hat, purplely and blue eyes, wearing a white sleeves shirt with black and gold trimmings, a black tie and a belt that was weren around her high west, she also wore a shirt Black skirt with gold trimmings with knee high tights and boots, she even wore a long black jacket with more gold trimmings, a red interior, and logo on the side.

Jackson fixed himself and stood at attention and gave her a Salute " Ma'am! Reporting in" he said as the girl was a higher rank than him, the girl gave him a Salute as well that silently told him to go into parade rest which he did. " Please make sure all critical systems are fully repaired and prepared for lunch." She ordered, which confused Jackson

" permission to speak, Ma'am." He requested to which she nodded " I'm just a Engineer that was told to head to your dock. I'm not the head Engineer of the dock, Ma'am. " he informed her as it was her turn to be confused " You are Ensign Rezal Jackson?" She asked to which Jackson nodded  " I am Ma'am. " he answered.

" I was told you'll be my new head engineer, have seen you orders?" She asked Jackson broke his parade rest and looked at the envelope, soon opening it and pulled out his orders. She was right,  his orders told he would be assigned to the USS Enterprise as her new head Engineer, he looked up at the girl knowing she was the Enterprise.

  " Well, uhm are ya sure you just want your critical systems repair? I'm more then sure the Admiral would want his most prize and powerful ship to be fully repaired. " he said trying to focus as to not let the shock of him being the new head engineer get to him. Enterprise shook her head " No need, I'm schedule to head out for royal navy waters. I need to head out if Sirens were to appear. " she said a coldly, Jackson just scratch the back of his head.

She was stubborn, Jackson had to admit. He just sighed " Understood Ma'am,  I'll make sure all critical systems of your rigging is repaired. " he said as Enterprise nodded and walked away, Jackson could now had a small minute to process his new position " this is crazy.." he muttered slowly heading to his new office that was locked at the same Dry dock,  it was convenient for sure.

Entering the office, he saw Enterprise's Rigging hanging.  Even it looked like the  actual ship, withered and broken down.   her was located on a work bench, the bow looked it was gonna to snap at any moment.  " Shes either have balls of steal or insane going in with broken equipment. " he muttered as he grabbed tools that were hanging on the side of the work bench and got to work.

He didn't know much about how to repair weaponry such as Enterprise's bow, he'd have find some Manuel's for instruction and insights as to how repair the bow. For now, he can only go with what his gut told him. After a few minutes he was finished with the bow, he simply just replaced the bow string as the current one was gonna snap.

It was now the rigging itself to repair, or just its critical systems. He mostly repaired the outer hall replenishment its ammunition, when he was done, Enterprise entered the office. Jackson was currently sitting at a separat desk filling in the maintenance report, turn around and got up from his seat as he gave her a Salute " Ma'am, all critical repairs are finished and is sea worthy. " he reported as Enterprise grab her bow and inspected it, gently pulling the bow string

" I replaced it." He stated as Enterprise looked at him " It would have snapped, a broken weapon could get you killed Ma'am. " he said as Enterprise nodded " Thank you, please help with attaching my rigging. " she started walking over to her rigging as Jackson help attached the rigging. Once everything was said and done, Enterprise's with her rigging attached was ready to lunch.

Jackson pressed a button that made the flood gets opened as water rushed in as Enterprise exited the dock and made for open water. Jackson sat down on the seat as he signed  " this is gonna be stressful.." he said as he watched Enterprise leave.