chapter 4

From that point forward, Storkules was no longer just some guy (depsite having godlike powers). He was a hero again, the most beloved figure in all of Thebes. Travellers and businesses flocked to the city, selling merchandise by the barrel-load, and Storkules, well he collected his royalties. He built a massive home for himself in the wealthy district of Thebes, complete with a fully equipped training stadium. Gus stood by his side and managed Storkules' affairs, expertly navigating contractual agreements and  finances.

                     Gus did this while Storkules trained and overcame every obstacle placed in his path. As for Hades, he refused to give up. He sent monster after monster to try and dispose of the beloved Stork, but they couldn’t beat him. No beast, not the Nemean Lion, the gorgon, or the Cretan bull, could defeat Storkules. As Hades watched Storkules defeat each of his goons with ease, Hades grew angrier and more desperate, looking for any solution to his little problem.

                      One day, Hades was at a vacant tower, practicing shooting at targets -- all of these targets are vases with Storkules' face painted on them. Pain, Panic, and Donald, are all there with him, watching the scene in the village below.

"Another!" Hades demanded the imps. Pain and Panic obediently throw a vase in the air. Hades blasts it to pieces.

"Nice shootin', bub", Donald spoke in a sarcastic tone.

                       "That bloody wimp of a deity! I sent every powerful and cunning beast at this weakling and he has the AUDACITY to--!" Hades' ranting was cut off by the sound of squeaking shoes. He looks down at Pain to see him wear Storkules -trademark- sneakers.

"What...the hell...are those?" Hades asked slowly in a low tone.

"Uh....I don't know, maybe because they're comfy?" Pain gave his boss a nervous smile. Hades' eye twitched in irritation.

                     Hades inhaled, "I've got 24 hours to get eliminate this imbecile... or the entire plan I've been setting up for centuries, since my banishment goes up in smoke ... and you are wearing his fucking merchandise?!?!"

Hades was about to blast Pain with his pyromancy, until he hears slurping and looks over towards Panic. Panic was drinking from a Storkules -trademark- plastic cup.

"Heh...thirsty?" Panic offered his drink to his boss. Hades yells enraged and blasts them both.

“I don’t even know why I bother with you two idiots anymore!” He exhorted, “And you,” he said, wheeling to face Donald, “Why haven’t you done anything about our little problem?!” Donald shrugged and walked away from Hades.

               “I wasn’t aware that wonderboy was my responsibility,” Donald replied emotionlessly,"Besides it's not like I can be friends with him", he sighed.

"Friends!???" Donald yelped as Hades gripped his cheeks between his sharp, polished talons, “You think you can get to the son of Zeus and he would welcome you with open ARMS? What an Idea", Hades scoffed.

Hades sounded disgusted but his eyes widened a second later. Donald was terrified, but he softened up when a look of incredible insanity appeared on Hades' sharp face.

“What an IDEA!” Hades gasped and picked Donald off the ground, squeezing him in a tight hug, “You BRILLIANT runt!" He chuckled.

                   "How could I forget! Of course everybody has a weakness, even the almightiests of Gods!" Cackled Hades, "That brat must have a weakness! Like Pandora, it was the box incident. Even for The Trojans, those idiots bet on the wrong horse, hah! We simply need to find out wonderboy's weakness", Hades encouraged Donald with a sly smirk.