CHAPTER 289 TO 292

Start from the beginning

You XiaoMo rubbed his nose. “Not really.”

Though he wasn’t originally from this world, he had noticed, after being here for so long, that cultivation did have something to do with the state of mind. If one had a peaceful state of mind, cultivation would be quicker.

After a bit of hesitation, You XiaoMo then asked, “But even if so, what do you want me to to do about it? Go and announce to everyone that we’re a couple?”

Ling Xiao rubbed his chin. “If you want to, I have no objections.”

You XiaoMo immediately stared daggers at him.

Ling Xiao chuckled, saying, “Alright, in reality, there’s no need to be so drastic. In the future, just stop introducing us as friends.”

You XiaoMo instantly went red, whispering, “I, I’ll try.”

Ling Xiao suddenly lowered his head, whispering into his ear in a low tone, “If it’s possible, I would prefer it if you could introduce me as your husband. What say you, my dear wife?”

You XiaoMo’s entire face flushed, stuttering at Ling Xiao, “Who, who, who…who the hell are you calling your wife? Don’t say nonsense.”

The corner of Ling Xiao’s lips twitched up. “Is there another apart from you?”

You XiaoMo mumbled, “But I’m a guy.” How could a guy be called a wife? That was a title for women.

Ling Xiao looked him over, the hint of a smile in his gaze, saying, “Why can’t a guy like you be called wife? Do you think you can manage to penetrate someone else?”

You XiaoMo’s eye twitched. That one word in the last sentence was a little too explicit. How Ling Xiao managed to say things like that was beyond him and not something he could keep up with. However, this was about his pride as a man, so he couldn’t back down.

“If you lie down, I can also… do that to you,” You XiaoMo said without much confidence. He knew that with his strength, he had no way of pinning Ling Xiao down, but he had to retort; he was a man, too.

“Alright then, let’s go and try it out now, and see if you can ‘do that’ to me.” Ling Xiao grinned and sped up as the words left his mouth.

You XiaoMo was dumbfounded and didn’t manage to react until Ling Xiao had walked quite a distance, hurriedly saying, “Wait, wait, I just finished a competition, so I’m exhausted. Can we do this another day?”

If he wanted to top Ling Xiao under these circumstances, he didn’t think he had any chance of success. But, he was unwilling to let go of this opportunity.

Ling Xiao smiled gently. “Nope! You have to hit the steel while it’s hot!”

You XiaoMo felt like coughing up blood. Don’t think I don’t see the anticipation in your eyes. Then, he said in defeat, “Then never mind, I don’t want to do it.”

Ling Xiao smiled down at him, saying, “Really?”

You XiaoMo hesitated again, taking a while to mull over it. In the end, he couldn’t help but ask in a compromising tone, “I have a competition in the afternoon, can you really not switch a day?”

Ling Xiao felt like he was injuring himself from the effort it took to hold himself back, but eventually agreed with great reluctance. You XiaoMo almost cheered, but, knowing how Ling Xiao felt, kept his joy to himself as he planned out how he would finally get to top. He hadn’t realized that imagination and reality were very different yet.

After returning to their building, You XiaoMo was carried up the stairs by Ling Xiao to get rest.

His soul force replenished rather quickly. Barely half an hour later and it was mostly restored.