CHAPTER TWO - THE RED ANGEL

"Guten morgen, soldaten." I sit up, my mind blank except for the orders, battle strategies, ways to operate a weapon, fighting styles, and of course, the phrases. One, that says 'Cut off one head, and two more will take its place'. Another, 'Hail Hydra'. These phrases each mean something. The two listed are reminders to always stay loyal to Hydra. Others remind me that bad things will happen if I don't. I am snapped to the present as the man reiterates.

"Guten morgen, soldaten." I sit up straight, seeing my partner do the same next to me.

"Gotov vypolnit.(Ready to comply)'' We speak in unison, staring straight ahead. Even so, I take in the surroundings that I can. I am sitting on a cool metal chair, the same material as my right arm. The man in front of me is wearing the gear of a high ranking officer and there are several soldiers surrounding us.

"U menya yest' missiya dlya tebya.(I have a mission for you)" He tosses a file into my lap, before turning and leaving the room. The other soldiers lining the rooms close in on the door behind him. I open the file and turn to the person next to me to study it. He's my partner, I'm reminded. His name is Winter. The Winter Soldier.

I stand up and walk out the door, guards surrounding me as I do so. Winter follows closely behind. I go towards the room with the door number 53, flinging it open easily to reveal the metal table inside. The concrete walls are lined with weapons and disguises, everything we'd ever need for missions. I slam the files down on the table, seeing Winter look over it beside me.

TOP SECRET COVER SHEET

HYDRA ASSET AND INFORMATION DEPARTMENT

CAUTION
THIS DOCUMENT IS CLASSIFIED TOP SECRET

THE CIRCULATION OF THIS DOCUMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO THOSE PERSONS WHO ARE AUTHORIZED TO HAVE THE INFORMATION IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THEIR DUTIES.

THIS DOCUMENT MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF THE OFFICIAL WHOSE AUTHENTICATING SYMBOL APPEARS THEREON OR HIGHER AUTHORITY IN THE HYDRA ASSET AND INFORMATION DEPARTMENT.

This cover shall be placed on all TOP SECRET documents immediately after

preparation.

Each person who has access to TOP SECRET documents must be familiar with the requirements of bulletin GM-19 which sets forth the methods for the safeguarding of and accountability for TOP SECRET

documents.

As soon as a TOP SECRET document is no longer needed by a custodian, the document should be returned to the official whose authenticating symbol appears thereon.

TOP SECRET COVER SHEET

CASE FILE: COLONEL NICHOLAS JOSEPH "NICK" FURY

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

GENDER: Male

HEIGHT: 6'1"(1.85 m)

WEIGHT: 221 lbs (100.24 kg)

EYES: Brown (Irises)

HAIR: Bald, Brown (formerly)

UNUSUAL FEATURES: Eye Patch over left eye (blind due to flerken)

ORIGIN AND LIVING STATUS

DATE OF BIRTH: July 4 1950

DATE OF DEATH: Currently Alive

PLACE OF BIRTH: New York City, New York

REALITY: Earth 616 (unaware of multiverse)

SPECIES: Human

PLACE OF RESIDENCE: 219 West 47 St., New York City, New York

CAR: Chevrolet Tahoe

AFFILIATIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS

AFFILIATIONS

CURRENT: Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division (A.K.A. S.H.I.E.L.D), Avengers

FORMER: Central Intelligence Agency, Office of Strategic Services, United States Army

RELATIVES:

SPOUSE: Monica Chang (formerly)

CHILDREN: NONE

PARENTS: Jack Fury (father), Katherine Fury (mother)

KNOWN ANCESTORS: Rex Fury

SIBLINGS: Dawn Fury (sister), Jake Fury (brother)

OTHER RELATIVES: Jerry Sapristi (cousin), Tina Sapristi (cousin by marriage)

ALIASES

CODENAMES: The Unseen

NICKNAMES: Nick, Mr. Anger, Nicky Boy, Patch, The One-Eyed Man, Pirate

OTHER ALIASES: Agent A-1, Doyle, Gemini, Man in the Mystery Mask, Mr. Ollen, Rudolf Valentino, Scorpio, Sgt. Fury, The Man on the Wall

PERSONAL INFORMATION

IDENTITY: No Dual

CITIZENSHIP: American

OCCUPATION: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D., Intelligence Agent (former), soldier (former), fugitive (former)

EDUCATION: High School (unfinished), Extensive Military and Intelligence Training

BASE OF OPERATIONS: S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier

The nearly fifty page document takes us almost a half hour to read. Winter and I glance at each other afterward, knowing that the person we're about to assassinate is going to be extremely protected. Not that that's anything new.

I stand up first, turning around to open the door. Winter walks through it before me, and guards surround us, pointing their weapons at our heads. My feet thud against the ground as I march in step with the soldiers, the movement second nature. We enter the garage and I climb into a normal looking black van, if not for the heavy duty guns and survival equipment hanging from the walls inside. We sit in the back, and a soldier begins to drive us towards New York, New York. Watch out, Nicholas Fury. We're coming. And we won't hold back.

In case you were wondering, yes, some of the stuff in the file is from the comics. I haven't read them myself, but I got all the information in the file from fandom.com. That website is a lifesaver. -Pinecone Face