It probably would still be going on if it wasn't for my mom to confront me about my behavior. That was my wake-up call to be a better person and son to my mother.

A muffled ringing coming from my sports bag gets my attention as the ball went through the hoop. I jogged to the table that was holding my stuff and pulled out my phone.

I glance at the small displayed screen to my mom is the one who's calling.

"Hey, mom!"

"Hi, sweetie! I just wanted to let you know to wish Keith congratulations for me. Scratch that I can just tell him over the phone. Just tell him that his wedding gift should be coming in the mail - wait I can just tell him that over the phone too? You know what forget everything."

"Okayy. So how is everything over there? Work? The mysterious guy you won't tell me the name of?

"Okay well, now you just sound like the parent here."

"Just want to make sure my mom is doing okay."

"How caring of you, but to answer your question, I am doing good just missing my son every day."

"Well if you get time off to come and visit me, I promise we'll have a mother and son day like last time."

"I'm trying to go for your birthday. Do whatever you want for those days, I'll be fine.

"Yeah you're right and I want to spend time with my amazing mother. Maybe I can even bake you something."

I hear her laugh and we continue our conversation about how everyone is doing and of course her bringing Brooke into the mix or maybe it was me. I don't know, but I mostly spend the time at the court on the phone with my mom before we had to end the call due to our schedules.

As of now, I am currently getting ready for the wedding as I fix my collar while looking in the mirror. Then headed downstairs to see Leah about to go in the opposite direction, I gave her a small smile and she did the same then continued her way.

Brooke and I decided that since we were going to a wedding and she was going to wear a dress, it was better to go in a car rather than a motorcycle. So instead of my bike, it will have to be her car.

I walk outside and see the infamous blue beetle car pull up by the curb. Before I know it, a smile comes across my face as I see the most beautiful girl I've ever seen step out of her car.

"Wow," Is the only word that comes out of my mouth as I walk closer. She smiles and I see her blush as she put her head down momentarily.

"You don't look so bad yourself." She comments as I smile while I open the passenger door. Even though it's her car, she wants me to drive to the event.

"Well since I'm going with a gorgeous girl, I had to dress to impress." I see her beautiful smile widen as she took her seat on the passenger side.

I don't know how I manage to get this amazing girl to date me.

~~

We arrived at the location as people are entering the church. I parked the car and jogged to the other side to open the car door for Brooke.

We made our to the church with a few people standing in the front, one of them including Dan Scott with Deb.

"Hello, Andrew." He speaks, "Good to know you clean up well, unlike your old man." Dan jokes as I just let out a small chuckle.

"Thank you," I reply, and as much as I want to quickly get out of a conversation, I didn't want to be rude by not greeting Deb. "Nice to see you two again." Eh, not really. "How have you been Deb?"