My father put on a fake smile and extended his hand to Brooke, "Hello, nice to finally meet you; I'm Andrew's dad, David." He greeted her as she shook his hand and introduced herself too. I rolled my eyes at the introduction and I see Leah mouthing 'sorry' to me. "Robert is your dad, right?" He questions like he didn't know the answer.

"Yes, that is my dad." Brooke awkwardly replied and glanced at me making me give an apologetic look. "Why do you ask?" She asked, turning her attention back to him.

"He's applying for one of the branches of my work." He informed with a grin. Please don't say anything stupid. Please don't say anything stupid. "He's a good businessman so I have no doubt he'll get the job." He spoke causing me to relax because he didn't say anything- "Let's just hope he doesn't make us bankrupt."... stupid.

I close my eyes momentarily then opened them to see Brooke with a forced smile. "Okay, well I think that's enough for today. You'll see each other tomorrow." I excuse, as I grab her hand to walk towards her car.

"Oh, I was just joking!" He chuckled as I turn my head to him to see a smile on his face. I roll my eyes and continue to walk her to the car; hearing the door behind us shut.

"I'm sorry about that, he could say stupid stuff." I apologize as she just laughed. "Well, you've officially gotten to speak to both of my parents so that's an achievement." I joke as she nods her head.

"Yep, and I think out of both of your parents, your mom might have to be my favorite." She said, earning a small smile and a nod from me.

"You and me both," I reply as she just lightly laughed. I look at her vehicle and then back at her, "So are you going back home or,"

"Oh no, I'm going to visit Peyton's and check on the Jagielski's." She completes as I squint my eyes at the end. "She and Jake are staying together with Jenny." She informs me as I nod at the information. "It's like they're a family already!" I just let out a slight chuckle at her statement. "Okay well I'm going to head there now so if you need your amazing girlfriend, I'll be there." Unlocking the car as I open the driver's side door for her.

I lean my head towards my right side and decided to tease her a bit. "I don't know about the word amazing but-"

Before I could go any further, she gasped and slapped me on the shoulder. I try to protect myself from any more playful attacks while laughing.

I'm loving my life right now.

~

After Brooke left, I decided to get ready and practice at the Rivercourt. I left before my father could start to question where I was going because if he were to find out; he would probably scold me for not playing at the inside court he took me the previous time. 

Ever since a young age, this sport has been a way to get away from everything, and when I mean everything; I'm talking specifically about my father.

Any time we would get into an argument or I just needed space from him; I always ended up on a basketball court.

It's funny thinking about it since he was the one who introduced me to the sport. But I mean it's not like I was born into this world hating the man.

When I was younger he was my role model. I wanted to be like him.

Hell, I even started to act like him when I started high school. The constant arguments, and fights that I would start for no reason. Also, the way I would play the game wouldn't be fair but at that point, I didn't care; I just cared about getting ahead of everyone else even if that meant playing dirty. Which is the part that my father misses in my game.