3 | Late-Night Rooftop Waltzes

2 YEARS AGO, the night of Camilo's 13th Birthday

Y/N let out a small laugh as she pulled the grumbling boy up the staircase, "Almost there!"

Camilo tried to push up his blindfold with the hand that wasn't holding hers, but she swat him lightly. "No peeking-"

He groaned, "I still feel like you're going to pitch me off the rooftop. That's not going to end well, Y/N."

"Maybe I will," the girl grinned slyly, before stopping abruptly.

Y/N reached up, her fingers trailing lightly over the boy's face. She didn't see the way the boy was nervously biting his lips, hoping the heat that he could feel on his cheeks weren't visible. Y/N pulled the blindfold off, before placing her hands on the boy's shoulders and turning him around.

The rooftop was almost unrecognizable. After a bunch of pleading with Isabella and having to endure a whole lot more teasing about Camilo, Y/N had managed to get the perfect golden child of the family to make flowers bloom across the rooftop shingles.

Isabella had also been kind enough to create some sort of wall on one of the flat areas of the roof so they wouldn't fall off. In that corner were a bunch of blankets, popcorn, and a few boxes. There was also a metal stick that stood in the corner.

Y/N twisted her fingers nervously, "You like it?"

"Hell yes!" He replied, putting the girl at ease. "What's that metal thing?"

Y/N grinned, "You know those stars back in the United States? My parents sent over a few tapes and a projector last week that we can watch movies with! On the rooftop!"

Camilo's eyes widened, and he let out a low whistle. "What if we break it? Isn't it expensive?"

She shrugged, "Your birthday, Milo. All that matters is that it's a wonderful night for you." Camilo simply shook his head, before holding out his arms.

"What did I do to deserve someone like you?"

HOURS LATER, after Y/N and Camilo had in turn laughed, yelled, and cried while watching the movies, they were both starting to doze off. Then the girl remember what else she had planned.

She jumped up, accidentally kicking Camilo. "Ow - what's with the hurry, Y/N?"

Y/N didn't reply, instead leaping down the stairs and holloring, "Give me a minute!" It didn't even take a minute - she finished her sentence as she arrived back, before heading for the corner where the radio stood. She fiddled with the dials for a few moments, before placing it next to Camilo, who lay on his side looking at the scene unfold with interest.

A soft ballad began playing through the radio, one that fit right into the night sky. Y/N smiled shyly at him, "Dance with me?"

Camilo scrambled to his feet, before shifting into a man in a suit and a British accent, "I'd love too, m'lady." Shifting back into Camilo, he took her hand and kissed it.

Y/N laughed. In a British accent of her own, she noted, "Too kind, my dear sir."

Camilo turned to her with a panicked look in his eyes, "I don't actually know how to do that kind of dance."

"That's why you got me, Milo. Listen and learn." She smirked, before taking one of Camilo's hands and placing it on her waist. Y/N put one of her own on the boy's shoulder, before she grabbed the one that wasn't on her waist. "Haven't danced properly in a while, but I remember the basics well enough."

She mumbled, nodding her head to the beat. "One two three, one two three. Camilo, just follow my steps."

Camilo blinked, mouth slightly agape. Recovering to his senses, he followed Y/N's careful steps, trying not to mess it up.

One two three, one two three.

The two moved in sync, faces illuminated only by the faint aura that surrounded Y/N. It seemed so intimate, the rest of the town fast asleep, the two dancing by their own on a rooftop with all those flowers. The light highlighted all of the girl's features, from her shining eyes and the curve of her chin.

The boy himself wasn't that bad-looking, either. Camilo was no less attractive with the slightly awestruck look on his face than when he had his trademark grin. In fact, it just made him seem more real. More like a boy, more like the boy before he'd gotten all the pressure of being one of the Madrigals.

As the song drew to a close, Y/N and Camilo stepped closer at the same time. Camilo reached out to steady her, unintentionally drawing her closer. Her breath hitched, and she looked at the boy in front of her.

"Happy Birthday, Milo."

Later on, neither of them could agree on who reached for the other first.

hello again! just some more y/n and camilo fluff - i hope you liked it <3 there will definitely be angst in the coming chapters, so stay tuned for that MWAHAHAH