The Hardest Thing

Start from the beginning

The hallway you stood in that seemed oh-so stable, suddenly began to spin at the speed of light. You watched in horror as Eli's body became limp, and dropped to the ground.

Thud.

Blood stained his tuxedo as it created a pool of blood beneath him quicker than you thought.

Your grip on your sword loosened, and you almost dropped it entirely.

Until a sudden burst of anger surged through your body. Oh, you weren't only beyond enraged with Katsu, you were also angry at yourself.

Maybe you could've prevented it if you didn't stop your technique? Or maybe if you didn't let Katsu reach Eli?

Where did you go wrong..?

You gripped your sword tighter than you ever had, as you let out a loud cry. You couldn't even control what you were doing at this point, your raw emotions were the ones controlling you.

The warm atmosphere around quickly morphed into a cold one. The bun in your hair had come undone, and you watched as your hairpin hit the floor with a thud.

But you didn't care.
Your hair began to swing in the suddenly windy air.

You glared at Katsu with pure lividness in your (e/c) eyes before maintaining a battle position.

Katsu returned the glare, speaking in a sadistic tone, "Oh.. look what you did, (Y/N). If only you had come with me willingly.. what a shame. Now look.. your little friend paid the price! Sad, isn't it?"

You spoke in a low, yet cold tone, "Star Breathing, Eighth Form, Ruinous Star."

You dashed forward at the speed of light, before jumping up into the air. You swooped down onto Katsu, releasing simultaneous slashes onto him.

You made it as painful as you could.

You started with his hands, then his feet, before working up to his legs and arms. Then at the end, you hacked off his neck with ease.

The thing you didn't realize yet, was that the form you had used, was the most excruciating form of Star Breathing.

You turned around to face Katsu, who had begun to let out a bloodcurdling scream in pain. His body had burst into white flames, which had started to burn him from the inside out. It was anything but a merciful kill.

Katsu let out a scream directed towards you, "DAMN YOU!! DAMN YOU!! DAMN YOU!! I COULD'VE BEEN PROMOTED TO AN UPPER MOON! THAT MAN WOULD'VE GIVEN ME A GOOD AMOUNT OF HIS BLOOD IF I HAD ONLY BROUGHT YOU BACK!! AAGGGHHH!! HOW COULD Y-"

You stomped on his head, spraying blood over your high heels in the process, "SHUT UP!!" You continued to do so, letting out all of your rage, grief and sadness onto his head, "FUCK YOU!! FUCK YOU!! FUCK YOU!! I HATE YOU!! I HATE YOUU!!"

At the worst timing possible, Zenitsu had snapped out of his sleep. He blinked multiple times, "(Y/N)-chan! Are you oka-" The scene had finally set in for him.

First his eyes caught Katsus now deteriorating body, which was being burnt from the inside out with a white flame. His eyes then trailed over to you, who was repeatedly stomping on Katsus head with no remorse whatsoever. He instantly heard your body in a total state of panic. Finally, he averted his vision to Eli's bloodied body.

His voice trembled as he spoke, "What.. the hell.. happened..?"

You blatantly ignored Zenitsu, stabbing your sword into Katsus chest, "I HATE YOU!! I FUCKING HATE YOU!!"

Zenitsus eyes widened as he cautiously stepped towards you. To be frank, he had no idea what the hell was happening. The only thing he remembered was seeing you fly out the second floor, but after that, he remembered nothing whatsoever.