Chapter 43: Orientation

Start from the beginning

"Question of the hour, isn't it?" Tony said, arms folding in his parental stance.

"I'm telling you, another villain fell for her. They're weird like that," Sam insisted.

"Another?" Yelena asked like it was scandalous, raising her eyebrows to you, "Oooo, who is this villain? Is he cute?"

"He's right there," Nat smirked, nodding over Yelena's shoulder.

Yelena turned, finding Sam, Tony, and Rhodey pointing their fingers at Loki, with Thor standing behind Loki pointing down and mouthing "This one!" Loki slumped his shoulders in defeat, not bothering to argue.

"Oh my God, that is why you were so upset, oh that is adorable. And he is hot," she gave you a thumbs up.

"Uh, what?" Nat scoffed.

"Oh come on, are we all going to pretend he's not hot because he did some things?"

"He led an army from space to attack New York," Sam clarified.

"Ok, only one time though," Yelena countered.

"How many times is too many?" Tony argued.

"I don't know, how many times did your weapons kill innocents?" she threw right back at him. "Exactly, so she can like him if she wants to," she said when Tony had no response, "It's cute, I don't see what the big deal is."

"We're not a thing, though, they just do this all the time," you said.

"All in this room who think they like each other, raise your hand," Yelena said, eyes not leaving you. When she turned to observe the room, all hands were raised except Clint, Korg, and Miek. Miek had originally raised his, but Korg had quickly pulled it down, muttering something to him. She turned back to you with a triumphant smile. "See?"

"Ok, I'm gonna need to have a talk with some in this room," you said, glaring over at Bruce.

"What about you?" Yelena asked Loki, "Do you like her?"

"Absolutely not," he answered immediately.

Yelena started chuckling. "Oh he's so in love with you."

"Yelena! We're friends, and clearly not very good ones when he gets angry" you said pointedly to him, "at me for not being hurt."

"If you had an ounce of common sense you'd know that was not the case!" he fired back.

"Please, enlighten me then!"

He opened his mouth to speak, but paused when he saw all of the eyes on him. Instead he looked hard at the ground, shaking his head in anger.

"Why weren't you hurt?" Wanda asked, "I'm happy you weren't, but what happened since you left?"

"He let me live a normal life, ok? We played games, we made dinner, we watched movies, we told stories...we had a good time. I know you'd love me to say I was miserable, but hell, if you're going to get kidnapped, ya might as well make the most of it."

"I love that," Yelena pointed, "What a way to do a kidnapping."

"Why did he let you go?" Steve asked.

"Because he changed his mind, ok?"

"You mean you changed his mind?" Vision corrected.

"I mean...me being there helped, yes."

"And he just woke up one morning and decided he'd had enough?" Tony questioned.

"Obviously there was a build-up, but essentially...yes. After 24 days to talk things over and live with each other, opinions change, ok?"