'Is that who I think it is?' Draco asked with glee.
Harry didn't even have to look up to answer. 'It is indeed. Sirius was ecstatic when he was asked by the ministry to be our professor. Remus could barely get him to pack before he came here this morning. He wasn't to start until Monday but we all know him.'
Whoops of excitement rang through the bond. Sirius would give them the challenge in DADA that they needed.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
"Alright Alpha out with it. You have been avoiding the subject all week. What happened last weekend? What was the elf talking about? Where were you all night? You missed breakfast and were almost late to potions." Hermione turned on him as soon as the Pack settled in their common room.
Harry chuckled and adjusted Luna into a position where she wasn't digging her elbow into his ribs. "Princess Selvinta was the dark elf who taught humans how to access and use their magic. She found a human child who she took in and taught. She blood adopted her. When the high elves learned what she had done they captured the child. The story goes that the princess was killed when the child showed that she could perform blood magic. The child was cast out of the elven realm. The child married, had children and passed on all of her knowledge to her children."
Harry relaxed back into his chair while Luna played with his loose hair. "Selvinta just wanted to alert me that the high elves will be after me. I had a theory that they hunt any with the ability to use blood magic and kill them, she just confirmed it. She did give me new information though. Only those with her blood in their veins can use blood magic."
Neville sucked in a shocked breath. "You have dark elven blood in you? Through your father?"
"No, my mother. I never did much research into my bloodline, but I think my mother was from a squib line." Harry explained. "I'm not the only one in this room with dark elven blood in my veins."
Luna looked up at him, her eyes clear and bright. With a smile on her lips she snuggled into his embrace. "Many generations back."
Harry chuckled tightening his arms around her. He turned back to the rest of the Pack. He saw the worry in their eyes. "I will not fall. I have achieved the next title in my blood magic. I am so close to the last title I can achieve on my own."
"Harrison, I have been researching everything I can get my hands on about blood magic." Hermione bit her lip. "If you don't have a tie you can be swept away by the magic you call upon. I know you are strong, equal to only the other Lords but Alpha," her voice broke off, fear choking her. "Alpha what is keeping you here with us? The magic only gets stronger."
The Pack turned to him as George wrapped an arm around the distraught Hermione. Harry tapped Luna's thigh, causing her to move from his lap and onto the love seat with Ginny. "Hermione, little sister, look at me and listen carefully." He waited until her eyes locked with his. "I do not do anything by the conventual means. Mother Magic made me a contradiction to almost every rule magic should follow. Mother Magic has also given me an anchor. My mother came to me when I was preparing for the ritual. She has become my anchor. I will not be swept away."
Hermione didn't look convinced but nodded. Harry accepted it. He opened his arms to her and she curled up with him. "I will not be taken from you until my purpose is fulfilled."
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
"Harrison, may I have a word?" Cedric asked Saturday morning at breakfast. Harry sent the Pack ahead. Cedric straightened his clothes and looked his Lord in the eye. "I wish to request permission to take Luna Lovegood to Hogsmeade today."
Harry felt amusement rise in him. 'Cedric my little moon?' His reply was a warm feeling of happiness. "Very well. A word to the wise Cedric, do not take her to that prissy tea shop."
'Thank you, Alpha!' Luna chirped.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
"Little Alpha." Tom's magic and voice washed over him. His presence was a warmth at his back, like a fire on a chilled night.
Harry continued to speak to Dudley as his cousin cleaned the café counter. "I found the jeweled lily that my mother wore in her hair at her wedding. I was thinking that aunty would like to be married with it as well. I know aunty keeps her hair short, but I can have it fastened to her dress. What do you think?
"That would be perfect. The dress has a satin sash, so it can be fastened to that. Make it look like a belt." Dudley glanced at the Dark Lord behind Harry. "I better get back to work. You'll be home for the holidays in a couple of weeks so we can help finalize mom's wedding then."
Harry nodded as a hand snaked around his waist. He rolled his eyes. "Tom you may wish to remember that I am only 15 and you have a habit of always touching me. Someone may take offense at that."