twenty six

killkvng

can we meet somewhere to talk please?
Delivered.

sure.
where?

[current location]
read.

i anxiously bounce my leg as i wait for june to arrive. i bite my inner cheek as i fiddle with my nails until i hear a knock on my window making me jump.

"hi" i greet softly as i step out, i nervously open my arms for a hug. i immediately fall into her arms when she allows me.

she slowly sways us side to side when i don't let go until eventually do pull away and lock my car.

"how are you?" i ask june as i lead us into goodwill, she gives me vague answers but i take it.

"i spoke to levi and i have a way to clear your name but that means i can't talk to you again so i wanted to hangout before that" i tell her nervously while refusing to look up at her.

"why can't you talk to me again?"

"he wants me to cut you off and kind of get back with him" i say with a heavy breath.

june stares at me for a minute before silently moving along, "can you tell me how your guys relationship was?" she asks softly.

"the cheating, the abuse literally everything you can imagine in a horrible relationship" i shrug looking at the shirt.

"then don't get back with him"

"if i don't then he will continue talking shit about you" i tell her biting my lip.

i refuse to meet her eyes.

"don't get back with him" june repeats lifting my head to look at her, she eyes search mine for a bit as i nod slowly.

"if you're going to be abused and cheated on just to clear my name then it's not worth it" she tells me taking my hand to rub the back of my hand.

"okay" i mumble, "thank you, i was so scared honestly" i tell her as she pulls me into a hug.

"can i ask you something?" i nod letting her continue, "if your guys' relationship was so bad then why did you agree to meet with him?"

i keep quiet as i think about the question while listening to her heartbeat, "i don't know, i guess i thought maybe he wanted to apologize" i shrug pulling away.

june opens her mouth but then closes it and nods moving along looking at the clothes.

🫂

"i'll see you whenever i see you" i nod watching june open her car door, i open my car and open the door.

"billie" i turn back to look at june.

"do you think maybe you went to see him because you're not over him and you were hoping he changed?"

"no" i immediately answer, i wouldn't want to get back with levi.

"just think about it because that's seems to be the only explanation" she says pulling out and drives off.