"Whatever, Chris. I didn't know you liked black girls," his other friend Jason chimed in. 

"I don't discriminate. Besides, they all look the same in the dark. And I heard black girls give the best blow jobs." 

"Where did you hear that?" Tristan asked. 

"Greg told me. But everybody knows that. It's like common knowledge. Black chicks are wild in the sack." 

"See, that's your first mistake. You need to stop listening to Greg, he's an idiot. And don't go stereotyping either. I like Sierra, she's a good girl," Jason said. 

"Good girl or not, you have to be blind not to notice how sexy that girl is. Her body is incredible and those lips..." Chris pasued, obviously imagining something X-rated. "If I ever got with a black girl, it would definitely be her."

"It doesn't matter anyway. If any of us even look at her for too long, her guard dogs would be all over us. Did you see the way Reggie rushed over here when I asked her to borrow her book?" 

"Yeah, I did see that. She always has an entourage," Jason said. 

"Anyway, I'm dating Jessica and, as far as I know, she gives the best blow jobs," Tristan said. 

His friends laughed and Tristan turned to look in the direction that Sierra ran and watched her walk into class with her friend.

                                                                     Sierra

“Hey, Sierra. Over here,” her best friend Tia called out.

She walked over to the seat that her friend saved for her.

“Thanks, sweetie," Sierra said as she sat down. "Hey, I need to borrow your biology book.”

“Yeah, whatever. Why?”

“I gave mine to Tristan.”

“Oooooooooooh,” her friend said knowingly.

They were best friends after all. They shared everything. Tia knew all about her secret longings for Tristan.

Tia went into her bag and took out the text book, but before she handed it over, she said, “I want to hear all about it after school.”

“Of course.”

“Hear all about what?” Reggie asked sitting behind the two girls.

“Yeah, what?” Tony, Reggie’s best friend and Tia’s boyfriend asked.

“Mind your business. I swear you two are just like girls sometimes,” Tia said and Sierra giggled.

“I bet you didn’t think I was just like a girl last night,” Tony retorted.

“Oh shit. Ah, ha, ha, ha,” Reggie laughed out loud and gave his friend a pound.

“Oh no you didn’t,” Tia said.

“Oh, yes he did. Let him have it, Tia,” Sierra encouraged.

While Tia lay into Tony and they went at it like they usually do, Reggie pulled Sierra aside.

“So, Sierra, when you gonna let me take you out?”

Sierra wasn’t surprised by Reggie asking her out. Everyone knew he really liked her. It’s just too bad she only had eyes for a certain boy with light brown hair and the most beautiful green eyes. She didn’t want anyone else and that would be unfair to Reggie. She liked him. He was cute, tall, and the funniest guy she knew, but he was a slacker and never seemed to take anything seriously.

“Reggie, you know I’m not allowed to date.”

“It’s just to get something to eat. You get hungry, right?”

“Yeah, I get hungry,” Sierra said with a smile. “But, my dad thinks I’m too young for a boyfriend.”

“Damn, girl. You can’t even go out for pizza or something? Your dad doesn’t have to know.”

“Reggie, I like you, but I can’t have a boyfriend and I can’t go get something to eat with you. Please stop asking.”

“OK, you worth it. I’ll wait for you until your dad says you can date, aight?”

“Awwww. You’re such a sweet heart, Reggie,” Tia said obviously eavesdropping on their conversation.

“I can be sweet, too,” Tony complained. “Dammit, Reg. You’re making me look bad in front of my girl.”

“It’s not my fault you don’t have no home training. You gotta treat your girl like a lady. I’m giving lessons after class, y’all” Reggie announced.

The class laughed.

“If only you were as knowledgeable about Math as you are about the ladies, then you could pass my tests,” Mr. Parker, the math teacher said as he came in. 

 “That was cold, Mr. Parker. That was cold.”

The class laughed again.