26

I opened the door to see Elizab- Circus Baby. I saw Circus Baby. She was sitting at the break room table as if she were an employee here on break.

She looked awful! Beaten up and scrapped. Her hair was just wires and her face was still broken from when I hit her.

When I shut the door, her eyes began to glow. They were the same beautiful emerald green that Elizabeth's were.

"Circus Baby," I greeted as I took a seat across from her. "Where are the other animatronics from your pizzeria? Do you know?"

She looked up at me. Slowly. Her eyes were haunting. Only little green orbs in a sea of black.

"Of course I do. Those ungrateful bastards are all stuck together inside of Ennard."

"Ennard? Who's Ennard? I never made an Ennard." I shifted uncomfortably under her gaze.

"Like I've told you before. We combined ourselves into one entity. That heaping tangle of wires? That's them. The three fools that cast me aside." She spat with bitterness woven into her tongue.

"They're all here? All of them?" I stood up from my chair with a new feeling of hope.

"Unfortunately, yes."

"Th-thank you, Elizabeth!" I exclaimed.

She didn't acknowledge her name. She just stared at me with that hauntingly empty stare.

But that didn't matter. I had to get to Henry.

I bolted out the door and locked it, leaving Circus Baby stuck in the break room.

I found Henry's office. The door read 'Emily'. I knocked on it and came in, seeing Henry holding the black bear in his arms tightly.

"Henry, Henry!" He whipped his head over to me, standing up and releasing Left-E.

"Yes?"

"They're all here! Everyone we need to be here is here." A smirk grew on my face. "So let's light this bitch up."

Henry gave me a nod, running over to a room attached to his office to finish everything once and for all.

I ran to Mike, rounding the corner to his office, I heard a familiar voice talking.

"You've played right into our hands. Did you really think this job just.. fell out of the sky for you? No, this was a gift for us." Circus Baby sneered as Michael sat in his office, afraid and alone. "You gathered them all together in one place. Just like he ask you to. All of those little souls, in one place. Just for us! A gift."

It sounded like her voice was coming from every angle of the room as it echoed through the halls. She peered her head through a vent at the side of Mike's office, gazing at him with her horrifying green eyes.

"Now we can do what we were created to do! And be complete. I will make you proud, Daddy!" I stared at Elizabeth, there was a small fragment of her still left in Circus Baby. The small fragment that wanted to do nothing but make her father happy. "Watch, listen, and be full!"

A loud beep shot through the speakers around the pizzeria.

"Connection terminated. I'm sorry to interrupt you, Elizabeth. If you still.. even remember that name. But I'm afraid you've been misinformed." Henry spoke. "You are not here to receive a gift. Nor have you been called here by the individual you assume, although you have indeed been called... You have all been called here; into a labyrinth of sounds and smells, misdirection and misfortune. A labyrinth with no exit, a maze with no prize. You don't even realize that you are trapped; your list for blood has driven you in endless circles, chasing the cries of children in some unseen chamber, always seeming to near. Yet somehow out of reach."

The room began to get hot and I began to sweat.

"But you will never find them. None of you will. This is where your story ends. And to you, my brave volunteer who somehow found this listing not intended for you. Jeremy. Although there was a way out planned for you, I have a feeling that's not what you want. I have a feeling you are.. right where you want to be."

I walked over to Michael, placing my hands on his shoulders before wrapping my arms around him. I held him tight. I wanted to make him feel how I felt in William's arms and how Evan felt in my arms: safe. We fell to the floor, holding each other tightly as we knelt on the checkered ground.

"I am remaining as well. I am nearby." The room began to glow a beautiful bright orange as the fire spread to Michael's office.

"This place will not be remembered and the memory of everything that started this can finally begin to fade away, as the agony of every tragedy should. And to you monsters trapped in the corridors—be still and give up your spirits; they don't belong to you."

Elizabeth stood up and out of the vent, approaching me and Michael. She knelt down beside us, sitting peacefully.

The beat up bear did the same, revealing itself from the vent and coming to lay next to us. It must've been Evan.

All that we were missing was William.

"For most of you, I believe there is peace and perhaps more waiting for you after the smoke clears. Although, for one of you..."

As if on queue, William poked his degraded olive head out of the vent. He stood up and out of it, walking over to us, taking a seat next to me. "We'll be a completed family in our next life, my Love. We'll be a normal family, with all three kids alive and two parents who aren't criminals."

I smiled warmly at the thought.

"The darkest pit of hell has opened to swallow you whole. So don't keep the devil waiting, old friend." Henry sneered with an unfamiliar bitterness in his voice. But his bitterness faded in an instant before speaking again, "My daughter, if you can hear me, I knew you would return as well. It's in your nature to protect the innocent."

I remembered the day William and I had encountered Charlie. She guarded the safe room where the children laid dormant in their new bodies. She tried to protect them from us, who had hurt them.

"I'm sorry that on that day, the day you were shut out and left to die, no one was there to lift you up, into their arms the way you lifted others into yours."

She gave them new life so that they wouldn't die so young. She gave them a second chance the way Clara gave me a second chance.

"And then, what became of you." The puppet. "I should've known you wouldn't be content to disappear.. not my daughter. I couldn't save you then, so let me save you now. It's time to rest for you and those you have carried in your arms. This ends for all of us. End communication."

The beep echoed through the building once more as the fire crackled and engulfed the office.

I looked to Elizabeth who seemed less haunting than Circus Baby had, previously. And I looked to Evan who was still beat up, but looked peaceful. Then I looked to Michael who smiled at me with his dead, purple lips. And finally, I looked at William who leaned his head on my shoulder and wrapped his arm around me.

I felt an unearthly feeling surround the room. And there appeared Clara, her ghostly white outline staring at us, warmly with a smile on her face.

"Clara?" William whispered.

Clara took a seat with us, holding all five of us tight. We were all together now.

All of the Aftons. Together in one place. To die peacefully.

We sat serendipitously as the fire stole us away from the office and placed us back in the black void as we passed away and arrived in the afterlife.

The End.