Detour

She could tell the sudden spell flowed as fast and turbulent as water in a waterfall. That would be the next destination for both women.

Working as in charge of the big farm had never been her biggest dream, even because none of it belonged to her. Now amidst the hustle and bustle of advising her own schooling with favor work, the real heiress and owner of the one thing she'd ever known in her entire life had arrived. Willing to crush every ounce of serenity she had left.

Toni couldn't tell that she was expecting someone with their feet firmly on the ground. She had heard many stories about Roseanne's granddaughter. Unfortunately, few of them had happy endings. She vaguely remembered the old lady calmly talking about the walking nightmare that cheryl had for a mother as if telling a fairy tale about a little girl and the wicked witch.

Nor could never forget the tragic death of Jason Blossom and the look of sadness that haunted her during every sentence.

She tried her  best to understand all the indifference, even the bad manners disguised by refurbished phrases. Which Toni didn't even learn much about just enough to see when someone had a really bad superiority complex. What, unpleasantly, brought us here.

"Uhm!" He cleared his throat in an attempt to break the silence between us. Curious "Miss
Topaz, if my memory doesn't miss you were actually telling that you've spent your entire life living in this farm?" Her tone wasn't the most cheerful or curious at least when she spoke the last part. Being someone who had an easy time reading other people's intentions, I could understand fast enough why that mocking tone filled her voice and consumed the words who were escaping her pretty poisoned lips.

We were both sitting at outside of the house on a small beautiful oak table. Two chairs accommodate us, each one in the end of it. Wonderful position to have an eye to eye conversation with someone else. Then I simply took advantage of it and went straight to look at her brown eyes, which already had gotten me in their trap. Deeply.

"Yes, Cheryl." I took a sip of tea, putting one legs above the other crossed. Can't resist but look down when she decides to imitate the movement. Does she even understands how much power she got in her own manicured hands? Does she knows how many souls she can steal with that gaze? I kept asking myselk.

"Look, I'm not ashamed of my personal journey that gotten me here. I love the trees around my house and how they purify the breeze. It's so different from the big city's air, isn't it?" Toni looked at her by the corner of the eye. She seemed calm, as the words from her meant nothing and never would be strong enough to affect the plastic surface she involved herself in. "Then, I love working inside the house, putting things into their right places, too. There's no other feeling that can be better than seeing everything so clean and right acknowledging it was your merit but I don't expect you to understand. Also, I'm just saying this if you thought for one minute that all I do is an unworthy or obligatory thing and that's the reason why you're abusing of that awful tone as calm as you manage your voice to be, Cheryl." Finally, she looked out of place. Shocked, almost. Lashes trembled as she gasped for air slightly, whose eyes that looked outside would see two different woman talking about anything like if nothing wrong were happening but I could catch any small change in her perfect behavior.

"You should know better than to treat your boss like that even if you don't seem so smart. I didn't expect you to be that stupid." She stood up as pushed her own cup aside. The arched brows, the pursed lips and the self pedestal could have soared several feet upwards "Of course I never in my twenties, dare I say even in other reincarnations, if those exist, could  settle for living like a garbage picker pig, Cha-Cha." A smile glowing crimson, Cheryl turned around, rising briefly with the back of her hand leaving a murmur. "That was definitely a very productive conversation, Antoinette."