Prologue

A/N: Welcome readers! This is my first book to be published and I'm hoping for your positive (or negative) feed backs. Please excuse my grammar if ever they may be wrong since I haven't proofread some bits of this piece yet. Feel free to drop by for some comments and/or suggestions about my writing. Give this story a chance guys! Hahaha, here comes my prologue and I hope you'll stay tune for the upcoming chapters :)xx

**********

PROLOGUE

"Mom, what time is Casey coming home?" I asked for the hundredth time.

My mom must have been annoyed by me that she chose to ignore my question. Pfft, whatever. This response is not new to me considering their constant behavior of making me feel invisible. All this family ever evolves upon is Casey, Casey, and more about Casey. Figures, since she's going to Harvard this school year and my parents are so excited to see their eldest child achieve her dream.

Meanwhile, I'm left in the corner, forced to do things on my own. Do you feel bitterness coming from me? Well, I don't blame you. I could feel it too.

"I'll just text her then," I mumbled to myself.

After 10 messages, and still no response, I got anxious and irritated. This is so unlike Casey to ignore texts. What's up with that lady? I called her number but the receiver didn't sound like my sister. In fact, a male was on the other end of the line.

"Hello? Who's this? Where's my sister?"

A rugged voice replied, "Good evening Ma'am. Are you in any way related to Miss Casey Stamford?"

A lump formed in my throat. "Y- yes. Why?"

"Her car was in an accident in the Freeway and I'm sorry to say, but she's-"

My phone slipped off my hand and landed in a loud thud in our carpeted floor.

"What the! Carrie what's wrong with you?!" my mom shrieked.

No. No. "No! Mom she can't be!"

"Can't be what, Carrie?" my mom was clearly irritated.

"Casey's dead."