1. in the middle of a bath

A click, and the sound of a lock opening in the unoccupied room

An attractive-looking individual with straight, ear-length black hair enters the room with a large baggage.

It is after 23:00. Harusumi Sakurai, the owner of the room, usually returns home at this time.

When Harusumi returns home, the first thing she does is go to the bathroom to fill the bathtub with hot water. She twists the tap in the bath, throws the body clothes she brought home into the washing machine until the water is hot, prepares a simple supper, and eats it slowly after she gets out of the bath.

For the last two years, this has been the routine that I have followed every day. Two-years ago because before that point I grew up in an institution; since I turned 18, I have left the institution and live on my own.

Her family died in an accident when she was three years old, and since then Harumi has grown up in an institution, and at some point in her life she started attending a kobudo dojo that is run by the director of the institution. The director wanted to ensure that the children at the facility did not lack exercise, so they were given the privilege of attending the dojo any day of the week.

Harumi was not interested at first, but when she was asked by another child to come along, she was praised for her good muscles, which was the beginning of her attending the dojo, I think. When children are praised, they want to continue.

Before long, Harumi became the strongest fighter in the dojo, winning many regional, prefectural and national tournaments, and now she is the assistant instructor at the dojo.

She started winning as a matter of course and has not participated since the organisers asked her to refrain from taking part for a while.

One of the reasons for this seems to be that Harumi, whose facial expression does not change much, was criticised by those who did not find it interesting that she won with a cool face. The lack of facial expression does not mean that she is also lacking in emotion, but it is true that her emotional ups and downs are much slower than those of other people.

Harumi has already become overwhelmingly stronger than Shihan, but once she becomes Shihan, she has to attend various troublesome gatherings, and Harumi, who is not good at socialising, has been forcing Shihan to play the role because she finds it troublesome.

However, Harusumi, who was feeling that she might be forced to give up the role of Shihan, was thinking of retiring soon, so she was avoiding the bad feeling by practising with her students and cleaning the dojo. Today, too, she has finished her duties and returned home, but because her body is heavy with sweat and fatigue, Harumi is looking forward to a bath to heal it.

But for Harumi, who likes to move her body in the martial arts, the heaviness of her body is not unpleasant.

And the fact that Harumi  is only fatigued to the extent that she can heal in the bath, despite the fact that she spends most of the day in intense movement during training, probably indicates that she has extraordinary physical capabilities.