𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

Ponyboy had taken Two-bits once occupied seat, and sat on the other side from Michelle. They were quiet for a bit, unsure what to talk about.

"We're gonna have a rumble tonight. Against the Socs." Ponyboy said, breaking the silence.

"You didn't say anything?" Michelle's head snapped up to Ponyboy.

"I forgot Shells, I'm sorry."

"It's fine, but you know —"

"Fighting ain't gonna do anything well." Johnny cut in.

Michelle and Ponyboy looked down at Johnny, he'd been quiet most of the time.

"Yeah. Exactly." Michelle said quietly. And the room went quiet again.

Two-bit came back with a copy of Gone With The Wind.

"I hope you bought that," Michelle said, eyeing their Two-bite mischievous smile.

"Oh come on Shells, I thought you knew me better than that." Two-bit winked.

"I don't even know why I asked—"

There was a knock on the door then it opened.

"Johnny?"' one of Johnny's nurses said, opening the door.

"Your mothers here."

Michelle had heard about Johnny's parents and nothing good about them. Johnny always talked about how much he hated that his parents fought.

"Tell her - I don't wanna see her."

"She's your mother, Johnny-"

"I don't - I don't --" and he suddenly stopped talking.

"What happened?! Is he alright?" Michelle stood up, wincing from the pain.

"yes, but I'm afraid you have to leave now. It's too much stress on his body." the nurse said, ushering them out of the room.

"it's his goddamn mother— that bitch." Two-bit muttered angrily, stalking out of the room with Pony and Michelle behind him.

As they walked out, they could hear the god-awful screeches coming from a woman.

"He is my son-!" The woman yelled, turning towards the three walking out of the hospital room.

"You! This is all your fault! Make them let me see him!" She pointed a finger at the three.

Michelle could easily tell she was intoxicated, she'd seen the look in her father's eyes too many times.

Michelle watched as Two-bit eyes narrowed.

"No wonder he hates you! Look at you! He has to live with what you are!" Two-bit looked close to tears, and Michelle personally had never seen him like that.

The lady -- Johnny's mother looked stunned, and before she could say anything else, we had hurried to the elevator.

Before they even got to the room, they could hear Dallas arguing with a nurse. When the group walked in, Dally grinned, "Am I glad to see you guys! These damn nurses won't let me smoke! And I wanna leave!"

"Maybe it's better if you cut off smoking for a bit, Dal." Michelle grinned at him.

"Who are you to tell me what do, hm, Seashell?" Dallas laid back on his pillow.

"Shut it, Winston." But Michelle smiled, she was glad to see Dally was still his old self.

The four had talked for a bit, and Dallas had said Tim Shepard came to see him. Then, they started talking about Johnny.

No matter what, knowing Johnny was lying in the same hospital, barely able to move, Michelle felt so sick.

Time had passed, and Michelle was reading a book in her bed. Unable to focus, she had reread the same page five times already. Her mind was everywhere else besides the book.

She couldn't think of anything or anyone else besides Johnny. Her brain knowing and understanding gave her the worst headache in the world. She always got headaches on the same side of her head, right above her right ear - but they've been getting worse and worse.

Hours had passed and Michelle woke from a nap. she must've been sleeping for a while because from out the window she could see the moon beaming.

She really woke up when she heard familiar voices coming from the hallway.

"C'mon, Pony!" The voice of Dallas Winston came through the halls.

"Dallas! Ponyboy!" Michelle yelled from her room.

Ponyboy was at her door, "Shelly-!"

"What the hell! Your face! Come here!"

"The rumble - we won -!" Ponyboy said, out of breath.

"Get over here, you need to clean your face! And where is Dally?" Just as Michelle finished her sentence, a bleeding Dallas Winston was leaning on the door frame.

"Hey, Shells," he said non-chalantley

"Why - are you- I don't even wanna know, get over here," Michelle said, ripping off pieces of the hospital blanket and handing it to both the boys.

"We gotta go see Johnny! Ponyboy grabs her rolly chair-" Dallas said, already in the hallway.

"It's a wheelchair- Nevermind." Ponyboy unfolded and rolled it over to Michelle then helped her into it.

"I don't even need this, you know." Michelle sighed, leaning back in the chair and looking up at Ponyboy.

"Extra precaution, Shells." He said as he rolled Michelle out of the room.

They made their way to Johnny's room, and they all braced themselves for the worst. Dallas went in first, and then Ponyboy began to push Michelle.

"I got it, I wanna walk."

"Are you sure? The doctor said-"

"I don't care what the doctor said. I'm going to walk, just give me a sec."

Ponyboy nodded, with a sad look on his face. Michelle didn't mean to get like that- she was just determined to walk into the room, with her own body.

She took a deep breath and walked in.