Chapter 2 - The Park

Empty roads, flickering street lights, he was alone that night. Even though no one was around, it felt somewhat peaceful, he thought. It couldn't hurt to cross the road without looking since he was alone, right? As he took his slow steps to cross it, a light blinded him from his left. He looked to see what the upcoming light was, he didn't managed to get a clear look as everything happened so fast. "BRAVE!" a familiar voice yelled his name, he had realized it was a car that was coming his way. It was so fast, he was frozen, he was so scared. He opened his mouth to scream but something hit him from beside him.

Brave woke up, gasping. He sat up quickly, breathing heavily as he tried to process it.

Brave: "O-Oh, It was just a dream.." he placed a hand on his chest, trying to calm his breathing. He managed to do so, ending it with a sigh

He looked at his surroundings, he was in a bedroom. Right, he had forgotten that all of that happened last night. He removed the blankets off of him, as much as he wanted to go back to sleep, he didn't want to because of that strange yet eerie dream he had.

Brave: "I guess they must have moved me here, they were right about the bed being more comfortable.." smiles

He got out of bed and walked towards the door, he opened it as it creaked quietly. He peeked out before exiting the bedroom and closing the door behind him.

He quickly found the way downstairs to the living room, seeing Cocoa who was sitting on the couch as she watched the TV, sipping her warm cup of cocoa.

Brave: walks up to her

Cocoa: "Oh, you're awake!" smiles "I didn't expect you to wake up this early"

Brave: "Huh? Wait, what time is it again?"

Cocoa: "5:35AM, did you sleep well?"

Brave: "Yeah, Mint was right about the bed being comfortable" he giggles, sitting next to Cocoa "You uhh.. Don't mind, do you?"

Cocoa: "Not at all, dear!"

Brave: he saw that she was watching the TV "What are you watching?"

Cocoa: "I'm watching a show called "Te amo", It's my favorite because it reminds me of the sweetest cookie I know, more sweeter than cocoa.." she blushes "It's currently playing ads at the moment"

Brave: "That sounds nice! And, what are ads?" he tilted his head slightly, smiling

Cocoa: "Oh-.." she was quite surprised to learn that he didn't knew what ads were "They're advertisements"

Brave: "I see, thanks!" he turned his head to the TV as the ads flew by

As they had their short little conversations, an ad popped up on the TV that peeked Brave's interest. It was an ad advertising a family competition, where two family members has to compete in different challenges for a huge reward. Brave was just now hearing about the words "siblings", "family", and such, he got confused by it.

Brave: "Ms Cocoa?" he looked at her after the ad finished "What's a family?"

Cocoa: "You.. Don't know?"

Brave: shakes his head

Cocoa: "Well, it's a group of one or more parents and their children living together as a unit. Everyone in a family trusts and loves each other very much"

Brave: he got even more confused, he was hearing words that he knew he has heard before, but he doesn't know where they came from. An odd feeling was on his heart as he spoke again "Trust? Love? Parents?.." he scratches his head "I don't get it..?"