Chapter 1 - A Cookie?

It was a peaceful night, Mint Choco Cookie had just finished doing the last performance he had that winter month. His wife, Cocoa Cookie, watched the entire thing from the comfort of her home thanks to the TV. He waved as he thanked everyone who was giving him a round of applause, he felt satisfied to have finished yet another outstanding performance, he couldn't wait to go home to his wife and relax for the rest of the winter month with her.

He got ready to go out in the snow, making himself look neat despite it not mattering that much, wrapping himself in his scarf. He started walking his way back home, quietly humming his favorite song as the snow crunches beneath him everytime he took a step. He suddenly stopped in his tracks when he saw a cookie who was curled up on the streets, they weren't wearing anything, they were laying down on the cold, stone hard ground as they were shivering uncontrollably, whimpering. Mint can feel his heart breaking as he saw them, he knew he had to help them. He walked up to them, the cookie hasn't realized that someone had spotted him.

Mint: "Hello?" he spoke in a gentle voice

Cookie: squeaks from surprise, sitting up and looking at him "O-Oh.. Hi-?.." their voice sounds weak

Mint: he felt even more horrible hearing their voice, frowning "What are you doing out here all alone? It isn't safe, and it's very cold tonight.. There will most likely be a snow storm in a few hours.."

Cookie: they looked even more sadder hearing that, looking away from him "Oh.. I.. Don't really have anywhere else to go, I've been living like this for.." they seem to have forgotten how long it has been as they tried to count, which they couldn't "Uhm.. Years..?"

Mint: "Years?!.." he was surprised, he couldn't believe that this child has been living like that for years, he wondered how they have survived this long

Cookie: nods "I think I may have siblings? Maybe not?.. I can't remember.." they frowned "Why.. Why did you come up to me?"

Mint: "I saw you as I was walking home, you looked weak, I can't stand seeing a child being left alone like this.." he started to remove his scarf

Cookie: "Don't bother, I'm just going to go away forever anyways in a few hours.."

Mint: his heart broke more when he heard that, he didn't listened to them as he wrapped the scarf around them "I'm so sorry about that.. Feeling better now?"

Cookie: "Yeah, it's.." yawns "Really warm.." they felt sleepy just having the scarf on them, they snuggled it

Mint: giggling "I can take you to my home if you'd like, my wife must be worried sick about me being home late at this point"

Cookie: they let out a tiny gasp, Mint didn't heard it "Really?! I mean- it would be too much work for you, I don't want to bother you.."

Mint: "It's alright, I won't mind and I'm sure Cocoa will understand." he stood up and held out a hand for them "Come on" smiles

Cookie: they were a bit hesitant, but they reached their hand out to him and gently grabbed it, wobbly standing up soon after

Mint: "Are you alright?" he helped them

Cookie: nods, they looked at the ground, they held his hand as their other one holds the scarf

The two of them started walking, they had a small conversation while they were.

Mint: "What's your name?"

Cookie: they stayed silent for a moment before speaking "GingerBrave, what's yours?"