25.

"I love this for you guyssss" Ximora smiled as she breastfed the baby.

KJ had just finished telling her about the past few days she had spent with Chris.

"Yeaaaa, he's pretty cool. But I'm finding so much about Sherise, did you know she was hella smart? He said she could braid real good, and she had a business."

Ximora turned up her face as she set Shiloh down in the bassinet.

"Yea, Sherise was not bad my whole entire life. It was just when he went to jail she flipped, I guess she went into a depression- which makes sense since she had just had you- but from there she got on drugs and shit."

KJ scrunched up her face "Wait so you tryna say I caused her to be depressed."

Ximora let out a laugh and shook her head.

"Nooo, I feel like she was suffering from post partum depression."

"Is she how you learned to braid?" KJ asked.

"Mhm, Chris had bought her a shop and allat. I was working in there up until I was thirteen,"

"So when did she get on drugs?"

Ximora thought about it and shrugged "I feel like just a few months after Chris left it started with just weed, then she got real bad on coke when I turned twelve."

"What a lifeeee" KJ began to sing.

Ximora side eyed her, then began laughing.

"Wassup witchu and Tech? He's such a sweetheart."

"Ewww you sound like a mom talm bout sweetheart but he over there saying he bout to die chile"

Ximora looked at her and busted out in a fit of laughter again.

"I'm sorry, you can't just say it like that. What you meaning?"

"He said he gon die soon." KJ repeated.

"Did he say why?"

KJ let out a bored sigh "He been having dreams"

"You know I've actually been dreaming about fish." Ximora told her.

KJ stood up and headed out of the room, ignoring everything that had just been said.

She headed down the hall until she made it into Nazir's room.

"Wassam lil nigga," she smiled and dapped him up, to which he returned.

"Shiddd just tryna stay out the way cuh" he replied sounding just like Jaelen.

"Maneeee wait." KJ let out a snort.

"Anyways how's school?" She asked, Nazir was extremely smart, the school had even put him into the gifted program based off of his test scores.

"It's straight, where Tech?"

KJ scrunched up her face "You not tryna see me or sum?"

Naz shrugged "You cool, but I owe that nigga an ass whooping."

Her eyes widened "Nah you need an ass whooping, my God."

KJ always tried to get Naz away from cussing, but he never listened, now she just let him do his thing.

"Chile where your fava?" She asked, turning out of his room.