We race home, not paying any mind to the police that tails us because of our speed, not understanding what the hell is going on.

We don't even fully stop the car when we pull up to the house before throwing ourselves out of the car and running up to the door, the large squad of police officers that Alec sent right behind us.

Any shard of hope that we had that Chris hadn't gotten into the house is shattered when we notice the broken glass on the window of the door and the door wide open.

We can hear voices coming from upstairs and the sound of Louis begging him to stop doing whatever he is doing makes us all ready to kill.

We are quick to make our way up the stairs and over to Louis's room where the voices seem to be coming from but every single one of us and the police officers freeze when we see Chris with a gun in hand.

"Dro-." A police officer begins to instruct Chris to drop his weapon but Edward shuts him up on the spot and that he had it under control.

Edward being his intimidating self was able to make them all silent as he turns back to the doorway.

Louis looked up at us with his big blue eyes full of terror and pain, if it was possible it made us even angrier than we already are.

We gently instruct him to stay silent but he doesn't have to for long because Ed takes control and takes Chris out.

He slide me the gun which I slide to the officers before running over to Louis, my mind racing with fear over all the things that could have happened to him while we were gone, he is lucky to be alive. We never should have left him, this was our fault.

"Louis, Louis baby, are you okay? Did he hurt you?" I ask the second I am close enough for him to be able to hear me.

He lets us know that physically he isn't in much pain but I can only imagine how terrified he has to be.

But I check over him and find his stomach is now bruised and sore.

If they had ent already cuffed and pulled Chris out of here I would have strangled him with my bare hands.

"Eddie." He whimpers when he sees Edward pacing around the room in a rage trying to calm himself. He has always had quite the temper but when it comes to protecting Louis, all of us seem to have one.

But with just the sound of Louis's voice, Edward was able to snap himself out of the rage and rushes over to us, checking over Louis as well before we all swallow him in our arms.

That is when he slowly begins to sob into my chest, I think the adrenaline is starting to wear out of his mind, he's scared. He nearly was just killed so
I wouldn't expect anything else even though Louis is absurdly brave.

"I thought I was going to die." He cries, honestly breaking my heart.

We should have never left.

"No love, we would never let that happen," Harry says, shaking his head at Louis's words.

"You're okay love," Edward whispers after a second and I can tell he is trying to reassure himself of that too.

We were all terrified knowing that Louis was alone here with Chris.

God Louis is our entire life and if something were to happen to him, I don't think we would have survived.

"Why don't you go to your safe place munchkin? You are safe now and we are going to keep it that way." I suggest.

"B-but what if he comes back?" He sniffles in response.

"He won't ever be coming back Louis that I can more than promise you," Harry adds on and that seems to be all Louis needs as reassurance.

"Okay." He whispers contently.

"Good boy, you were so so brave. We will be right here with you the entire time you are under. Let your perfect mind take over." Edward breaths out, stroking Louis's head.

With a few more words of comfort, Louis slowly fades away from us and into the place that he describes to be warm and fuzzy.

"Can I just hold him for a minute? I need to just feel him." Edward states, though he already has a hold on Louis.

Harry and I nod and slowly and reluctantly hand Louis's small limp body over to Edward entirely.

He hurries his neck into Louis's neck and holds his waist tightly and the sound of Edward crying into Louis surprises us both a bit.

"I can't lose him," Edward says through his tears.

We get closer to him.

"We won't Ed, he's okay, he's safe," I say, honestly tearing up myself at watching my brother in this state.

"But this was our fault, we left, we fell for whatever shit Chris pulled and we nearly lost him. I can't lose him, he's all I know." Edward says, putting his head back into Louis's now tear-coated neck.

He's right, Louis made us complete. We didn't understand ourselves or love or what it feels like to really need before we met him. He is all we know.

"I know Edward, we would be nothing without him but we are never going to have to feel that because we are never going to lose him. I refuse to let that happen." Harry says, crying softly as well at this point.

I nod at that, patting my brother back a bit as he calms down and wipes his eyes but doesn't let go of Louis.

We will never let go of Louis.

——

Hi loves!

Next chapter is the last ):

Thanks for reading.