Chapter V: Love Songs

Start from the beginning

Y/n currently sat in-front of the piano, playing that enchanting melody that everyone was mesmerized with. She tapped each key with precision and elegance, using techniques that no one would have noticed if they were not a professional pianist.

'This sounds pretty good,' Y/n thinks to herself as she continues to play the verse into chorus and then back into the verse again.

Y/n was playing "Love Poem" by IU. Personally, it was one of her favorite songs from IU. The melody just really connects with Y/n and the lyrics hit the spot. There are a ton of other songs that IU has written and produced but right now it was her favorite from the artist herself.

Y/n searches up the music sheet for the song on her phone. She plays through the whole song with a heavy heart. In the back of her mind she wondered what they would think about this song, would it reach them? Will they even care to give their precious time to someone they barely interacted with? She always doubted herself too much so this was only natural to be thinking the bad side of things in situations such as this one.

'How can I make it so that I can reach them?' Y/n thinks to herself as she stares at the black and white keys. 'Stop thinking too much... just do your best,'

Y/n spent the rest of the afternoon sitting at the piano as she went over the lyrics and notes of the song, correcting the often made mistakes one by one. The only things Y/n had patience for was music and this showed through her proficiency in multiple instruments, and in addition vocaly.

.

.

.

By the time Y/n went back home the sun had already started to set on the horizon. The view was one of a kind but the thing that still occupied her mind was the contest. Day by day the contest grew closer and closer, it was only a matter of time when she had to step on the stage to show off what she's got.

It was nerve racking for sure, standing up there once again in-front of all those people. It's been years since she had performed and in something so important like this, it was as if a huge burden was placed on her shoulders until D-day.

"I'm home!" Y/n shouts as she opens the front door.

"You're finally home!" Ryujin says, peeking out from the kitchen. "Go wash up! Dinner will be ready once you're finished."

"Yes ma'am," Y/n quickly heads to her room and throws her stuff on the floor before heading straight towards the bathroom.

Both Y/n's parents were barely home since they were always busy with work and had to travel a lot around different countries so 99% of the time it's only Ryujin and her home. Since childhood they've been counting on each other, being placed from their aunts and uncles to their grandparents and then to random babysitters. It was as if they were tossed around like hot potatoes. Yes, it was fun having so much freedom but it also felt a bit empty because all Y/n saw was her friends with their family, together, happy, and content. Y/n never blamed her parents since she knew they were working for the family's well being but she just wished she got to know them a bit more, maybe spent more time with them if they would let it.

Y/n comes out of the bathroom with her pjs and a towel over her head. With one hand she held the towel while with the other she took the plates of food to the dining room (aka the living room) and opened the TV, pressing a random show to watch as they settled down on the floor.

"How was your date with Yeji-unnie yesterday?" Y/n asked as they dug into her food.

"Well," Ryujin swallows a spoon full of rice, "we went to the amusement park and went on some rides. After that I took her to some shops before ending it off at a dinner at a restaurant that was recommended by Chaeryeong."

"Sounds cliché," Y/n snickers.

Ryujin rolls her eyes, "Whatever, it was a bit corny, I have to admit, but it was also fun."

"Lucky, I wished I could go on corny dates with someone," Y/n takes another bite of her food. "Literally everyone around me is dating and I'm slowly becoming a third-wheel. I don't know how to feel with that title hovering over my head."

"Don't worry, I'm sure at least someone has to have a teeny tiny crush on you," Ryujin assures Y/n. "Besides, you have a lot of unknown quirks that are pretty attractive. Though I do still find you a bit annoying at times."

"Tch," Y/n clicks her tongue playfully, "thanks for the encouragement anyways."

"Your welcome," Ryujin shrugs as she goes back to eating her food.

All Y/n could do now is to wait.

(A/N: Still thinking on how to push the plot without having it move too fast ಠ_ಠ Writing a novel was harder than I thought it would ought to be and it's only the 5th chapter... hahaha... damn... Anyways, I have state testing next week and the week after that ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Well, at least school is coming to an end after a few more weeks. To the people who are still stuck in school like me remember that summer break is coming closer each day!  Just do your best everyday and don't think about the future since your future self can handle your future problems ( ˘ ͜ʖ ˘) Our school is going to have barbecue for my grade near the end of the school year, I wonder what other schools from other places do at the end of the year... Alright, peace out for now! (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)

Edit: I didn't know we surpassed 300 view already just in a span of 10 days lmfao Thanks for everyone who is taking time out of your day to read this :D