PROLOUGE: execution

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐_________

a gruesome chapter regarding death is to be expected. PROCEED WITH CAUTION. if you aren't comfortable, kindly click off the book. if you become uncomfortable while you read this book, kindly click off the book. your mental health and comfort comes first.

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐_________

 THE PEOPLE'S JEERS WERE LOUD ENOUGH TO MAKE THE GROUND SHAKE SLIGHTLY BENEATH THEIR FEET.

A woman was brought forward, stumbling over her steps like newborn deer on their first walk. Her eyes glared, sunken bags under her lids making her quite gloomy figure intimidate the small children witnessing such a bloody scene, making them cry and hush in to hug at their mothers who only scalded her with their spiteful eyes.

When ...  when had this escalated to the point of no return?

"Cathalie Larentis, you are hereby denounced of your fiefdom and your noble title-"

The shackles that bound her aching wrists rattled like bones.

"- Charged with treason, the poisoning and death of Queen Penelope, the mass homicide of the Larentis Dukedom, and the attempted assault on the Crown Prince and his lover-"

Her feet ached, once smooth skin tainted with dry blood; as tangy as it had been in her mouth when she had been beaten up by the guards in the dingy dungeons.

"- You are hereby sentenced to death at the gallows on all these accounts, without further trials and immediate judgement as stated by His Excellency, the Crown Prince."

As if on cue, the blonde man by the side platform stalked over. He looked her in the eye, and she gazed back with fire brimming in her soul and fierce, raw anger welling up in her eyelids until she realized they were tears. He bent down. Satin lips whispered, as sweet as his kisses when they had once been lovers; as soft as the black dahlias he had delivered her in the interrogation room.

'Condolence flowers,' he had said, throwing the bouquet at her feet, 'for a foolish woman, and her equally foolish family.' 

"I told you didn't I?"

His eyes are smeared with disgust.

"You were the perfect plan."

Tsup! She spat at his feet. He shows her his sword and she freezes just as he points it at her neck. Cathalie realized he'd given the executioner the sign.

"His Majesty the Crown Prince has spoken. The sinner is to be punished."