Chapter 8: The Healing

Start from the beginning

Athena grabs the clothes beside Buck, scanning over all the items. You can visibly see the change in her face.

"I otta give them a piece of my mind for giving you these back! That's just triggering!" Athena says in a rage.

"N-no it's okay. I needed to see them" Buck says in a quiet tone.

"Look at me, baby. Yes, you may feel broken and shattered right now, given what's happened to you, that's a completely valid feeling. However, you are not useless. You are still that strong, brave, and confident boy that I met all those years ago, you just need help getting back there. That's why we are here." Athena assures buck, tears dwelling in her eyes.

"Thank you mom- I-I mean Athena." Buck stutters.

"No you got that correct the first time, son." Athena responds with a loving grin.

"Now if only your DAD would stop moping around and get everything ready. We also brought you a fresh pair of clothes" Athena says looking towards Bobby.

"Oop- sorry honey." Bobby responds, causing Buck to chuckle. He hands the new clothes to Buck.

"You ready to go home, Bucky boy? Bobby asks, looking over at Buck.

"I sure am" Buck responds.

Bobby grabs Bucks discharge papers, walks out of the room and hands them to the nurse. Athena leaves the room so that Buck can change into his clothes. A few moments later, Buck walks out, ready to finally leave. Athena and Bobby look over to their son, happy to see him in anything but that ugly hospital gown.

"Do I look okay?" Buck asks shyly.

"You look very handsome." Athena responds.

This caused Bucks cheeks to turn red. It had been awhile since anyone complimented Buck. He wasn't sure how to react to it.

"Unfortunately, hospital protocols says that you need to be pushed in a wheelchair. It's just a safety call." Bobby says.

Ugh.

"Do I really have too?" Buck whines out.

"Yes sir. Now sit that tooshie down." Athena says while bringing forward the wheelchair.

Buck obliges and sits down, feeling embarrassed to be pushed around in this. As they make their way downstairs and out to the car, all the nurses and doctors wish Buck a speedy recovery and warm wishes. Buck appreciated the care so much. It felt nice to be cared for again.

The drive to Bobby and Athena's was kind of long. They live about 30 minutes from the facility. Buck took this time to take a well needed nap. His body was still exhausted from the trauma it went through. The next time Buck opened his eyes, he see's that they've finally arrived.

Buck wishes he was smaller so he could be carried inside, just like he always tried to do when he was a kid. However, Bucks real parents didn't like his tactic and would just leave him in the car and lock it.

"Hey sleepy head, are you okay to walk or do you want me to carry you inside?" Bobby asks as if he just read Bucks mind. The fact that he offered made Buck wanna cry.

"Bobby, as much as I would love that, I really don't think you could carry my weight, we don't need to go back to that hospital." Buck responds with a wide grin.

"Oh yeah? Wanna bet?" Bobby responds with an even wider grin.

"20 bucks says you can't even get me to that front door."

Before Buck knew it, his door was being opened, and he felt two large arms reach under him, quick panic taking over Buck but immediately realizing his was in a safe space. He wrapped his arms around Bobby's neck and to Bucks surprise, the man easily picked him up, also closing the door and carried Buck through the front door and resting him down on the living room couch.