Prefect [1]

Lara Houstin

I could feel the afternoon wind, making my arms shiver from the cold wind touching my skin. I never much liked the cold, but right now, I did not care to move. This was the last night before I would have to leave for Hogwarts. I had spent the last 3 hours just sitting on the rooftop with my light moss green nightdress. Which mother wanted to throw away, she argued that it was rubbish and way too old. I did not dare to throw the dress out, just like all the rubbish in my room, so many memories, so much love. So many reminders of when you were a child, an innocent child, not knowing the danger and the sadness luring over you.

A door opened, and underneath me ran a dark-haired freckled boy. I have always been told I looked like my brother, perhaps it was the thick brown hair or the freckles? But I couldn't see it. The hair and the freckles were the only similarities. Not even our eye colour matched, sometimes people even dared to call us twins, I mean for merlin's sake, I'm 4 years older than him! Although we may have shared a few similarities, I must admit, we did not share the same eyes. Eldon had gotten his eyes from our mother, as for me, our father. Eldon's' were as blue as the ocean, the Ravenclaw logo, the Himmel. My eyes, my eyes were pitch dark, you'd have to look close to see my pupils, I quite liked that. The privacy, the way no one can see your true feelings in your pupils. I quickly turned back to reality; my mind sometimes takes me to places so fantastic it gets hard to turn back to reality.

"Excited for tomorrow?" I screamed down to Eldon after letting go of my thoughts and getting back into reality, so I was sure he heard me. I would normally have hated the interruption of silence. The interruption of nature, the way the birds got more silent as they heard human voices, their greatest threat. This was different, today was different, everything felt different now. Eldon would soon attend Hogwarts as a first-year student, fully clueless about the loss the school lost. Cedric Diggory, a Hufflepuff boy was killed by who must not be named, in the eyes of harry potter. The ministry, no one seemed to believe him, but I trust him. Who must not be named was back and stronger this time? Father knew it too, he was close with Mr. Diggory, father says he hasn't been himself since the incident, he can barely look at Mr. Diggory. It's too hard, everything is.

"I'm just here to warn you, you might get wet." I looked down at Eldon, and in his right arm was a grey metal weather seer. A gift from Aunt Judy, Mother and Father says it's rubbish, a scam, a lie. They wouldn't give in, so he decided to write a letter to Aunt Judy about the unfortunate event.

"How long?" I asked Eldon, curious to see if the thing would be right.

"Well, it was 40 seconds before, let me take a look." Eldon looked down at the Weather seer on his right arm.

"It should rain now," Eldon said and looked up, Eldon was right. It didn't just rain, it started seeping down,

The rain hid my head, making my hair darker and heavier than it already was. I quickly took my old broom, as I flew down, I could feel the harsh wind and the rain hit my face like concrete. This brought memories back, of quidditch. It was the last game of the season, it steamed down, and everyone was shivering at the end. This was the last game I played against Hufflepuff, Cedric Diggory, the charming boy we lost.

Maybe that weather seer wasn't rubbish, after all, I thought. But there was no time to think. The raindrops streamed down as we ran back to the door. We were too late, both Eldon and I looked like we had taken a swim in the great blue lake next to our house.

Mother stormed in. "There you are, I have been looking for you two, have you packed yet?" Mother said before even glancing at us.

"Ugh, I sometimes forget you are still kids." Mother complained as she looked us up and down.