It was killing me to see him like this.

My own lover was standing before me, shedding tears and deeply hurt.

"Greg, sir, can we sit somewhere and talk about this? Please?" I whispered to the man.

The man nodded but didn't look at me.

I felt bad, he was so lost.

I walk up to Niall and snaked my arm to wrap around his back, helping him to walk.

Greg followed behind, as we made our way back to my apartment.

.-.-.-.-.-.

"So wait, you found Niall and took him in? Was he drunk? The night we lost him was the night of his engagement party. He had ran off and we thought he just needed a night to himself to calm down after getting intoxicated. But he never came back, so we had officers search the whole city for him." Greg said, shuffling himself on the sofa beside Niall.

I was sitting on a chair across them and listening.

I already told Greg about finding Niall that one night, and how he never remembered anything from then.

He had seemed to be shocked at my words.

He didn't think something like this would ever happen to Niall.

I wasn't sure if I had heard right, but Greg had mentioned Niall and his engagement party.

I decided to shake it off, not sure if he actually meant it was Niall's.

Niall had also calmed down a bit, but he hasn't taken a glance at me or Greg.

He just sat on the sofa staring at the ground, with a disappointed look upon his face.

"Niall. This is crazy. You drank so much that night. I hope this taught you a lesson." Greg shook his head.

"It's alright now, though. I've found you and that's all that matters right now." He smiled and patted Niall's back.

Niall didnt reply, still keeping his eyes glued to the floor.

I kept staring at him, waiting for him to look at me, but he never did.

It led me to thinking he had forgotten me already.

It was breaking my heart.

Little by little.

Tear after tear.

This was the last thing I wanted to happen.

"Alright, Arianna." Greg sighed and stood up.

"Thanks for taking care of Niall all this time, but I'm here now and I'll take him back home. I'm sorry he's been a burden, I'll pay for all the costs you've spent on him." Greg's words completely killed me.

Suddenly his words rang in my head.

Did I hear him correctly?

Niall shot up and looked at me, his eyes full of shock.

My eyes were watering, I knew this was going to happen.

I should've expected it sooner or later.

"No, no, no!" Niall shouted, almost knocking Greg over.

He pounded his fists into Greg's chest, but not hard enough to hurt him.

Then he ran to me and wrapped his arms around me, like he was defending me.

I couldn't speak.

Tears started to flow out my eyes, and my face was turning completely red.

"Niall, why don't you want to go home? I found you. Aren't you glad that I did? Don't you want to come back to your life before?" Greg asked.