Chapter 1

PS I CHANGED THE COVER

Hey it's 2014 and I've recently read my story over and almost every single flaw in this story is bugging me to fix it!

So, I'll just be editing for a couple months, none of the plot will change, just simple errors in the text.

Bare with me, but my point is;

PLEASE DON'T BE AN ASS AND COMMENT *there OR THAT I MISSED A FUCKING PERIOD OR ANY OTHER SHIT ALRIGHT IT PISSES ME OFF.

Thank you for understanding!

JB

• • •

Edited-

A/N Please read the description about the story first!

Dakota

As I exited the airport I was immediately blinded by the nice refreshing California sunlight. Oh how I missed this.

I should probably introduce myself, I'm Dakota Milne. I'm 18-19 in a couple weeks-and I'm from Scotland. Most can tell due to my thick Scottish accent, inherited from my dad. I'm visiting my dad and stepmum, Katlin, like I always have done ever since I turned 12 and was legal to go on an airplane by myself. See, my mum and dad divorced when I was around 11 years old and they are both remarried to two amazing people that I also look to as my parents, I know, it's weird people usually hate their stepparents but I actually really like mine. I mean Katlin makes me just as happy as she makes my dad and same goes for my stepdad Martin. They're genuinely nice people. And then I have Simon, he's someone I've looked up to as a father figure through all of this and has made me learn to deal with it and this is how my life is now.

I called for a cab and once I got in I told the driver the Address and immediately called my dad.

"Jack Milne." He said through the phone sounding all business man and stuff. Even though he was only a stage manager, he still had important people calling him like body guards for celebrities and their managers.

"Hi dad, I just got off the plane." I stated.

"Oh good sweetie," I could hear his smile through the phone,"now once you get to the house Katlin won't be there because she went to a birthday party with Caleb."

Caleb is my adorable little half brother. He's four years old and has blue eyes just like mine. The only thing different between us in our hair, his is a light brown that he inherited from Katlin while mine is a extremely light blonde.

"Okay." My eyes traveled out the window and noticed we were nearing my street.

"Are you still at work?" I asked.

"Yeah, Simon asked me to work on The XFactor with him this year again."

I nodded, knowing that the popular show in the United Kingdom had been absolutely fantastic, it's quite a great idea to move it into the states.

"Yeah but I got to go, I'll see you in a couple of hours. Go unpack and stuff. Love you."

"Love you too dad, bye!" I hung up and it looked like we were already at the house, or should I say mansion.

I made my way to the door and took out my spare key. I opened the door and took off my purple and grey Nikes. As I made my way inside, I stepped on one of Caleb's Legos.

"Shit." I mumbled. That hurt really badly but not to the point to where I would bleed.

I went upstairs to my room. I placed my luggage on the bed and immediately began unpacking. I mean, I brought alot of clothes considering I was staying here for 5 months.