Chapter 16 ~café~

Start from the beginning

Yuki said, though it sounded more like an order. His tone was stern, with a hint of desperation, but no one seemed to notice that.

"Sorry, could you repeat that again?"

'Yuki was supposed to pair up with Yukina and their relationship would deepen, but now he wants to pair up with him?', A dazed Kaito thought.

Yuki stares at Kaito, as if he was demanding him to say yes.

"Sure..."

Kaito responded mechanically, unsure of what to say. He began to regret his decision, questioning why he had accepted, but he didn't have an excuse to refuse, so he couldn't back out now. Didn't he just dig his own grave? As he watched Yuki exit the classroom, he thought to himself.

The other classmates who wanted to team up with Yuki stared at Kaito, accusing him of being the reason Yuki didn't choose them. Yukina was one of the group. She glared at him with a malicious gleam in her eyes.

Kaito simply sighs. He walks to the bathroom to calm down and process what has just happened, not knowing what else to do.

Time skip: recess

"Do you want to go to a cafe and talk about the project?"

Kaito was shocked by Yuki's voice. He wasn't expecting Yuki to say anything; he simply assumed he wanted to partner up with him so he wouldn't have to do any work.

"Sure."

There's no reason to decline... Kaito whispered to himself.

School ended in the blink of an eye, and he was dragged away by Yuki to a nearby cafe. It was known for its pastries, but Kaito couldn't figure out why they were here. This cafe was far more costly than others, and reservations were tough to come by.

"Why are we here?" 

Kaito asked, still confused.

"To discuss the project, did you forget?"

Yuki responded calmly, then walked into the cafe, swiftly followed by Kaito. They sat close to a window. The cafe was normally packed, but today it's weirdly quiet, as if they're the only ones there.

A trolley loaded with deserts is pushed towards them by the waiter. Each one appears to be delicious. There were cake slices, some dripping with frosting, others elegantly decorated. Pastries such as cupcakes, donunts, macarons, and cookies were also offered. It looked delicious and heavenly.

"We haven't placed an order yet."

Kaito remarked that he didn't remember ordering anything. The dessert trolley appeared to be fairly pricey as well. He reasoned that the waiter had most likely mixed up the orders.

"We did order it. Thank you."

With a smile on his face, the man on the other side of the table stated, "Kaito was perplexed." They hadn't ordered yet, and there was a trolley full of desserts waiting for them. Though he didn't think much about it, Yuki is a royal after all. Maybe he was a regular here.

"Are you sure they are for us?"

Kaito inquired of Yuki to ensure that their orders had not been mixed up by the waiter. If they didn't order the desserts, he felt horrible for the individuals who did.

"Yes, go ahead and taste them."

Yuki responded with a smile on his face. Kaito felt that was strange, but assumed he was simply being courteous.

"Alright then..."

Kaito mumbled something under his breath. He'd always wanted to try the pastries he'd seen in novels and manhwas, and now he had the opportunity. The sight of the icing dripping down the cake is enough to make one's mouth water.

Kaito adored sweets. He had a sweet tooth and would never turn down delicious desserts if given the opportunity.

The desserts were right in front of him like they were calling for him to eat them. Kaito's eyes brightened as he began to taste the treats. They were sweet but not excessively so, the flavor came through without being overly sweet, and each bite was superb. They were creamy and smooth, with a deliciously rich flavor. It was flawless. A lovely fragrance filled the area. It was like heaven on Earth.

The dessert trolley was devoured in the blink of an eye.

"Delicious."

Kaito wipes his mouth, satisfied that he has never tasted something as divine and delicious as those desserts.

"Did they taste good?"

With a pleased grin on his face, Yuki questioned.

Then it dawned on him, Yuki was still sitting nearby, watching him eat. Kaito felt bad and embarrassed that he'd forgotten Yuki's existence, but mostly he felt bad that Yuki couldn't taste these delectable desserts.

Did he put poison in them? When Kaito saw the grin on his face, his initial instinct thought, but he quickly reminded himself to keep his cool. He'd already lost his composure once, so repeating the mistake didn't seem like a good idea.

"Yes, they were very tasty."

Kaito responded as calmly as possible. In his mouth, the flavor of the desserts lingered. The taste was enchanting. If only there were more.

"It seems like you enjoyed them a lot."

Kaito's face turned a slight pink.

"Yes..."

"Let's come here again next time."

"Next time?"

"Yes, next time, more precisely tomorrow. It's quite late already. "

Kaito lets out a small sigh. He wasn't even asked for his opinion, but if it's for the desserts, he wouldn't mind...

Notes:
Sorry for the late upload! ( ;∀;)I know i should've uploaded earlier, again im very sorry.(。ŏ﹏ŏ) Tysm for your support even though i wasn't updating this novel. I really can't express how much each comment, vote and follow means to me.( ◜‿◝ )♡ Sometimes i get too scared to look at the comments,but your words of encouragement really made me happy. I'm not confident in my writing skills at all but your comments gives me confidence and motivation.<( ̄︶ ̄)> School has been draining for me, especially these few months. You guys are the main reason im still writing this, and I dont regret writing this at all. (ㆁωㆁ) im glad i continued on and i hope I won't give up on this novel in the future either!(◕ᴗ◕✿) I'm not sure if there's anyone who reads these notes, but if u are just know im thankful and glad to have u as my reader!(。•̀ᴗ-)✧ Now with that aside, tysm for 100k reads! I'll update this novel whenever i have time.ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ Tysm for all your support! It's been my dream for a long time to write a story of my own so thank you so much! ♡(ӦvӦ。)Once again I'll update as soon as i can, have an amazing and wonderful day!(*˘︶˘*).。*♡