the four of them got along and spoke to each other for the remained of the lunch period before they had to go back to class – one which hyerin was dreading.

"you're on the girl's football team, right?" myunghee asked kiya.

"yeah! why?"

"hyerin should join you. i keep telling her to join the club but she never does."

"is she good at playing?"

myunghee scoffed. "good at playing? have you never seen her in the courtyard playing with those guys? she's better than all of them."

"don't you think you're exaggerating?" hyerin whispered.

"no?"

"...okay." hyerin took a bite into her sandwich.

kiya giggled. "interesting." then she turned to dongmin. "you don't talk much."

"no, i'm the one guy going around with two girls i don't get much of a say. i'm more of a bodyguard," he nodded in acknowledgement. "i just sit and listen."

kiya grinned.

"anyway, geography project. can you come over at the end of this week or during the week?" myunghee started to discuss the plans of their project leading up to the end of lunch. they then walked together to their class and separated by the doors.

their geography teacher instructed them to sit with their partners and regretfully she picked up her bag to sit with donghyuck but didn't say anything to him for the whole class and obviously he didn't say anything to her either.

"listen up, i have an announcement to make," their teacher started and stood up. "in six weeks' time we'll be taking a trip to gyeonju where you will all put the information you've looked at to use. we'll stay for a day and a night so we'll need to book hotels as quickly as possible. an email will be sent out to your parents today asking for their permission and we need that signed by the end of the week so we can start arranging the trip knowing how many of you are going."

oh, how great...

when the school day came to an end, hyerin met her two friends outside by the gates before they crossed the parking lot to dongmin's car.

"where should we go?"

"skating."

hyerin gave them both looks from the backseat. "no. let's do something else-"

"let's not. drive to the ice rink," myunghee instructed to dongmin who followed her orders.

at the ice rink, they got some shoes and this time myunghee stepped in but kept close to the fencing around it so she wouldn't fall flat on her face.

"give me your hands and i'll guide you," hyerin instructed.

"no, no, no, no, no! i'm perfectly fine here." she stumbled a little. "i'm great." she turned around and leaned against the fence with a smile and arms crossed.

"all right if you say so." hyerin shrugged and skated off to do her own thing.

dongmin and myunghee stood together and watched her.

"do you think we should sign her up for a skating competition?" she asked him.

"have you seen any advertised?"

"no, but we could have a look around."

"do you think she'd want that?"

"i feel like it's more something she needs," myunghee emphasised. "i've seen her medals and trophies in her house. i look at her now and she... we didn't know her before she joined us two years ago and she doesn't tell us a lot about her life before that but it was clear that figure skating meant a lot to her at one point and she still seems to care about it a lot she just... doesn't want to show it as much but you can tell in the way she moves."

"she's a mystery sometimes," dongmin mumbled.

hyerin crossed her arms. "i wonder what went on before us."

dongmin looked down at her. "you know, you can actually be nice to people i'm amazed."

she slapped his arm and rolled her eyes. "shut up."

"you need to start thinking of better comebacks than that."

"and you need to start seeing other bitches." myunghee attempted to skate away, momentarily forgetting she didn't know how to skate so she almost fell to the ground. again.

after that, they went to get some hot dogs and eat them on the park benches opposite the truck.

"we should do a picnic sometime," hyerin suggested. "us three."

"that's actually a good idea," myunghee agreed. "loser, what do you say?" she nudged dongmin who was on his phone.

"seems good to me."

she rolled her eyes. "anyways, have you thought further about competing in figure skating again?"

"no..."

myunghee deflected. "please do it."

"i don't know if i have the time- like studying and skating?"

"i'm sure you can!"

hyerin pouted. "i'll see."

"good." she went back to her hot dog. "what are you doing on your phone it's been ten minutes." she leaned closer to dongmin to check his phone.

"i'm just playing subway surfers."

myunghee blinked. "sometimes i really want to choke you."

he chuckled. "that's not the threat you think it is."

myunghee was left stunned and hyerin simply just tried to hide her laugh.

<3
do you guys hate haechan yet? i still think i need to turn his doucheyness up a notch but then it would make it unrealistic for him & hyerin to become besties again so