*4*

Veronica sighed and lay her head on his shoulder as she yawned. "Yeah, I don't think I could be a 'mommy' to a little for that reason, so I'm glad we're on the same page."

"I somehow think there might be a 'but' in there," Pierre murmured as he resumed combing his fingers through her hair.

Veronica bit her lip and made circles on his muscular pecs. She'd pretty much given up on the idea of finding a mate by twenty-one because all her brothers had found theirs by then. Now that she'd found him, she hoped he would accept that sometimes she did enjoy the idea of calling someone 'daddy'.

"My last boyfriend and I became pretty serious. In fact, I thought he was leaning toward marriage, so I let myself get comfortable," she began. "We hadn't done more than heavy petting, but he was a rabbit shifter from the next town over and I felt completely at ease letting myself be me. He never seemed to mind my neediness."

"What exactly do you mean by needy?"

Veronica shrugged. "It isn't much, just the need to cuddle when I'm sleepy. Sometimes I would ask him to stay over if the weather was bad because storms scare me. He didn't even mind when I became scared to the point I would randomly shift and hide under the couch. Also, sometimes I would get to thinking about him and how he smiled during the day and call him at work to tell him I loved him."

"I see."

"Anyway, we dated six months, the longest any of my boyfriends lasted," she continued. "One night things went a little further than usual and he was," she blushed and hid her face, "well, he had stripped my panties off and was using his hand to get me off while I jacked him off with my hand too. I'd never let him do it before but like I said, I thought marriage was in my future. So, I got a bit excited and called him daddy. I thought it would be all right because he often called me his sweet baby girl."

"I take it he didn't like it," Pierre said when she went quiet.

"No," she whispered. "He didn't and after a lot of yelling, with me trying to explain myself, he stormed out the door. He told me I was a freak and to never call him again." She sniffled, tears filling her eyes again. "I don't want to be a little, but I do like the idea of calling someone daddy. I'm not confused, I know who my father is, and I've always called him father, never daddy. I don't see how it makes me a freak."

"I see."

Veronica huffed and leaned back, frowning at him. "What do you see exactly? I doubt I would do it often, possibly only in the heat of the moment. However, if you truly have an issue with it, I'll try not to do it."

Pierre shook his head. "I don't have a problem with it, little bunny. I'm not your ex and I'm secure enough in my manhood to not let it bother me."

Veronica giggled, knowing by the sparkle in his eye he was teasing, and decided to tease back. "Okay... daddy. Now, how about some kisses?"

A low hiss left him and his eyes heated. "I have been wanting a taste ever since you shifted in my arms."

Veronica tilted her head, and her lips met his. She moaned, his lips were cool against hers and his breath was minty. As he deepened the kiss, his tongue invading to tango with hers, she allowed her hands to slip down and unbutton his shirt.

Pierre lifted his head, murmuring, "Not here."

With her cradled in his arms, he stood, and the next thing she knew they were in another room, and he was stripping her.

"Pierre?"

"I need you," he said. "It has been so long since I have held a woman in my arms and kissed her. Still, there is something about you that calls to the very beast within me. It wants to make love to you, to bite you and make you mine for as long as I walk this earth."