Unfriendly Encounter

Start from the beginning

Announcer 1/2: 3! OPEN THE GAME!

Before either Ace or I have any time to move, giant ice blocks appear out of nowhere, creating a whole new jagged terrain of ice with then a moment later, a storm of lightning coming all around us.

Acero: SHIT! A magic-user. I'll deal with him, Boss, and you focus on the blonde atom bomb.

Ace shouts as he draws out his newly transformed sword and jumps off. I went to say something back but chose to focus on my surroundings.

Announcer 1: Out of nowhere, an icy cold tundra has appeared.

Announcer 2: Either one of our contestants is interesting, or my bitch of an ex-wife showed up.

Announcer 1: We both know she isn't allowed within 500 feet of you for her safety.

I turn around to see Ira jumping at me, so I dodge to the right and stab at him with my Kugane, and it goes straight through his chest.

Announcer 1: ooh, I wouldn't want to be him right now. Talk about messy.

(Y/n): 'That can't have been it, right? surely he has som-'

Somehow, he grabs me by the tail and forces his way forward to deliver a punch to my face to send me into a wall. I look over to him to see his stomach smoldering back together, like a particular family I just finished dealing with.

Ira: So you're the one who hurt my baby brother.

(Y/n): Oh you're the brother of the flaming chicken nugget?

Acero P.O.V

My eyes dart around frozen waste, desperately searching until I spot a silhouette in the ice. I then drew my sword for a drawing slash and cut through the ice blocking the mage from me. Unfortunately, while my slash traveled far enough to hit him, I also opened up a way for his next spell to hit me.

Kin: Thousand spires of hell!

The first thing I see coming towards me is a giant pillar of flame, and I get ready to sidestep it; the spell splits down the middle to hit me in my sides.

Ace: 'Such a spell this early in, that hurt like shit, but with how much it takes out of a caster, it'd be insane to lead with it.'

I kick off the wall I was flying towards after the spell lands on my hands; I look to see what he'll cast next when I notice ash stuck around from a sourceless fire. Moving as quickly as I can, I get back on my feet and draw my blade in a defensive stance.

Kin: Barrage of the Ashen Knights.

The ash in the air solidified into an array of weaponry that started to fly at me, like D.C after I bother him too much. I manage to mostly parry, apart from a dagger that hits my chest near my heart. After I parry the last of the ashen weapons, a knight made of ice comes charging at me. Fortunately, I could efficiently deal with the construct only to see it was naught but a distraction for Kin to run away.

Acero: Damn, the bastard got away. He wants to fight guerrilla, huh? Fine, I can fight like that *Cough*

I cough into my hand to see blood with black specks in it, and they seem to be getting larger.

Acero: Well fu-

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

I keep dodging and blocking blows from the full-frontal assault of my assailant, and even with my counterattacks, they seem to do nothing but make him stronger and faster.

Ira: YOU FEELING THIS? THIS PAIN IS WHAT YOU DID TO HIM!

He says, grabbing me by the arm and throwing me face-first into the ground, leaving a crater behind. As he does this, I continue to breathe in more and more of his purple smoke, and as I do, I feel myself getting heavier and heavier.